Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

Overclocked

Default Re: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

gah what happend to theat 3d model!??!!??!??111
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOC View Post
    gah what happend to theat 3d model!??!!??!??111
    Still hoping to hear back from Apevia on this.

Who is our resident Sketchup expert? Wonder if they would be willing to pump out a quick model...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Still hoping to hear back from Apevia on this.

Who is our resident Sketchup expert? Wonder if they would be willing to pump out a quick model...
    I'm in the process (and if nobody else did I was planning on providing it for public use). Whether or not it's any good will be for you guys to decide, but it won't be done for a day or two.

Edit: Here's how it is after a days work. It's far from finished but you get the general idea. All from scratch...

RIP Bucko

I am assuming you are making the sketch-up model to proper dimensions? I have some very determined aspects to my design already but some require exact measurements. Then again I may not use the model as I stink at sketch-up and it runs very slowly and crashes a bit on my current computer.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    I am assuming you are making the sketch-up model to proper dimensions? I have some very determined aspects to my design already but some require exact measurements. Then again I may not use the model as I stink at sketch-up and it runs very slowly and crashes a bit on my current computer.
    It isn't to exact specs. right now, because modeling with that size gets hard, even zoomed in. I'll end up scaling it down when I'm done.
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Does anyone have the exact measurements or close to exact measurements? I'm pretty good with doing it by eye, but its a bit of a pain and it takes a good bit of time to get it just right.

btw, if anyone needs the basic dimensions you can get them off of Newegg.com under detailed specs. Unfortunately its not so detailed as to say window size, front grill measurements, etc etc. You can also get them from the main website HERE.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

yeah mal, just do it in feet or 10s of feet then bring it down
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for taking on the task of mapping this sucka out .Maleficus, looking great so far. And thanks for the specs SnowFire. Another thing that could help is if anyone own one of these cases or works in a place where they have access to one, contact .Maleficus with as many measurments as you can get to aid in his design. Great teamwork fellas.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Excellent!

I'm looking forward to this one, and I already have ideas running through the old noggin. Awesome challenge. And, although the Pit Bull idea is out, I've got a few mini-Pinchers running around that might make this the most vandal resistant case EVAR!!

Or not. They go kookoo for Beggin' Strips, so who knows how vandal proof they will be, huh?

On to SketchUp!
    mellojoe

The Rig with Images
    AMD Thunderbird 1.4GHz on an Abit KT7A: [1507]
    168-Pin PC133 SDRAM: [896MB]
    Radeon 9500-Pro: [128MB]
    Logitec z560 4.1 THX: [400W]
    Lite-On DVD: [16X]
    Antec TrueBlue: [480W]
    ...to name a few

BTW; Only use the email addy for submissions. If you need a question answered and do not want to post it here to give away your idea, just PM me and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks! Good luck too!

My vandal proof idea was to put a perch on top of the case and let my bird guard it. Humans are no match for his rock concert decibel scream and finger removing ability... (just ask my friend how his lip got pierced!)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...