Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

I'm not sure if I'm going to enter this challenge yet but I thought I might be able to help out a little. I did some work in SketchUp and made the X-PLEASURE case. I didn't have much to work with besides the measurements on the Apevia specs page so I had to guess on most of it. I haven't added the trays for the drives yet but if you guys want to use it as is just let me know who to send it to.

*****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Wow man! Thats really good!

I've spent around two days on mine so far... and its no where near as good as that. lol

+rep!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

wow i wish i was not building a new computer right now i would love to do this i gotta wait tilll the next one

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Maybe we should have to create our own Sketchup's or drawings? Isn't that part of the competition?

Just a thought I had. If not, then I'd love to use that sketchup, but only because its alot better than mine. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

If you want to share a resource, such as a sketchup drawing, then we'd appreciate it. Apevia haven't been fast at getting us the technical drawings, so we've just decided to start the competition without any.

We won't penalise people who use a shared resource or give bonuses for the original authors though, so be warned!

(Although I have +Repped Mal & SpaceHonkey)

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

SH, I copied your drawings, thanks, +rep
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

^What Dave Said^. I'll try again with Apevia.

We had a choice of waiting until we heard back from them to start this Challenge, or just throw down and do it. We figured that we had waited long enough and just wanted to get this Challenge going. Yes, by all means share the sketchup models.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

19 days left. Hope you guys are working hard! Don't know if Apevia are going to get those files to us anytime soon so make sure you're not depending on them!

Heard some really good ideas kicking about, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

-Dave

Overclocked

hey guys i just uploaded the case that he made to the 3d warehouse of google, just type in TBCS modder challenge, also it's blue, close to the color its supposed to be, and the fans are blue, or the blades are, didnt think outside needed to be
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks MaxOC, that's good help. +Rep dude.

-Dave