Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir, can I help you? Can I help you sir? Sir.

Anodized

Default Sir, can I help you? Can I help you sir? Sir.

Who has walked into an office depot or some other store and get bombarded by their workers asking if they can help you? I walk into that place a couple months ago to check out their notebooks and get bum rushed by their workers asking if they can assist me.. I was like fresh meat to a bunch of punks that had nothing else to do..

I had 20+ different workers come up to me "Can I help you sir?" I was just glad to get out of there, I was looking over my shoulder as I walked out the door though, just incase the drones didn't follow me.

Default Re: Sir, can I help you? Can I help you sir? Sir.

Happened to me in a stereo shop in Calgary once.. Soundsaround. Everyone rushes you as soon as you get into the store.. it's a real pain in the ass.

So anyways, I went in to buy a stereo system for my car, and had $2500 in the bank to spend. The car audio guy wouldnt even talk to me about sytem components until I filled out a credit app.. I was like "I have $2500 in the bank... why do I need a credit app?" but he wouldnt budge.

So I turned around and walked out.. as I reached the door, a manager says to me, "find everything you were looking for?" and I replied, "I'm only looking for the door after that bull$h*t." The look of panic on his face was unbelievable... the guy actually followed me out of the store, yelling, "come back and talk about it.. I'll give you 30% off anything! ....50%!!! .... 75%!!!!"

When he said 75%, I wavered a bit... so I turned around and told him the story about had just happened, and then left anyways. I'm pretty sure that sales guy was lookin for a job after that.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

i start babbling techno mumbo jumbo. Usually that scares them away.

Anodized

I was thinking about turning and running away, but I was afraid they'd shed their human flesh and reveal that they were machines, chase me down, tackle me to the floor and force me into submission.

Maybe I should just stick with Wal-Mart, their workers don't care too much.. You can do what ever you want in there.

Tis funny, PC World has some adverts hardly any tell you the truth about PCs, but the adverts always show people helping, but it is hardly ever that way. I went into a PC World store (something i rarely do as they overprice everything!), to buy a external hard drive as they had them on offer.

Knowing what i wanted i headed over to the section, picked up the hard drive, only to be approached buy a sales man (once in a lifetime, he must have been bored). So he asks me a the are you ok crap, i say yes, start walking off, he then says 'is there anything i can help you with' (obviously he's thinking im just a kid who knows nothing about computers). So me being me starts thinking (quickly) so i try to think of something difficult to ask him, this guy looked like he knew quite a bit. So i ask him, do you do any cheap external drives that offer 8mb cache (the one i picked up was 2mb) he looks at me puzzled, and replies 'sorry, but hard drives we sell start from 40gb not 8mb'. So i reply 'Not overall size the cache size.' he looks at me again, says nothing, then he says 'i will check with my supervisor' he walks out the back. By the time he is through the door, im at the till, couldn't be bothered to hear a stupid excuse.

Knew PC world staff know nothing.

Anodized

I know that in Office Depot the employees are required to greet customers in the store. They would rather get complaints that customers are being asked by everyone than to have them complain that nobody asked if they needed help. Another thing it is helps to lower theft. People tend to not steal if they think they will be recognized. Plus they have "secret shoppers" which are actually people Office Depot pays to do surveys on the stores to see how they are doing, and how fast they can check out and stuff like that.

Store employee: Can I help you find anything?

Me: No, but maybe i can help you.

Employee: What do you mean?

Me: Have you accepted christ as your lord and savior?

Employee: Umm, i have to go now...

Me: Please do.

ha ha ha... that'll scare off thoes futureshop drones.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Yeah I pretty much have never found a drone in any IT stores that has a blind clue. At one store the guy had been moved out of furniture to cover in the IT department.
    Need a sig

People don't talk to me when I'm in stores, and that's the way I like it.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

All the more reason to get everything but groceries from Newegg.