Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: casemod: AlumaxX

Default Re: casemod: AlumaxX

Hose

Before I could start with the hose I had to solve a problem. I have got an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard and want to watercool the norhtbridge, CPU and mosfets. The Tygon hose needs to go from he CPU to the mosfets.

This is the place of the mosfets, but it is behind the radiator. There is enough room to use an L-fitting on the cooler.

The problem is that the hose will have to make a VERY tight bend. Tygon is great stuff, but this bend was just to tight. I no springs sometimes are used for tight bends, but I didn't want to use that. Don't think it matches the overall looks of the case. That why I came up with this.

And yes it works! It took me about 30 minutes to get the hose through, but it works perfect. I can start putting in the hose.

It wasn't easy to pull five hoses through two aluminium plates. but the result is worth it.

This took me many hours to finish.

Some small details

Now all the hoses are in, I can start finishing some details. First of all the leds under the grill can be soldered. My bird Bert is giving me a hand.

The two PSU's will have to be connected. I'm using a relais.

Just like all the other wires this relais will be mounted behind a aluminium cover and not be visible. When I push the powerbutton, both PSU's start simultaniously.
    Next thing was the window. I thought a simple window would fit the theme the most.

Next thing to do is the window itself.

It will be mounted on the outside of the sidepanel, so it will also need a small detail to give it that finished look.

Time to fill the watercoolingsystem

The project was almost finished. Time for the water.

Some things look like they aren't straight, but that just my old digital camera. The testrun.

I also needed to take care of some small things now. Like this opening.

Nothing some aluminium wouldn't fix.

Another detail is the white acrylic that covers the aluminium plate that devides the upper and lower part of the case. In front of the aluminium baydrive cover there is no acrylic yet.

So I made one.

and placed it.

The cover for the PSU cables, it still was open at the end.

Needed some aluminium.

made it at the right size

and after polishing it

Finished case

Before I put the case together I cleaned all the parts. This are some pictures of the finished case. ( made with my old camera, so some parts may look bend )

The case was almost ready for the Dutch Championship casemodding. But I needed to add two more details. First the AlumaxX logo, a double X.

and my own logo I normally use to sign my drawings, FJW.

In April I won the Dutch Championship Casemodding with this case. Even some (computer)magazines and newspapers were interested in the championship.

Thanks for all your comments. This isn't a real worklog ofcourse, the case was already finished. I just wanted to show some photographs of this mod befoe starting a worklog with my next casemod over here. There are so many forums about casemodding that I didn't know about this one when I was building this case. The Doom project brought me here. I already started with my new project, but will start the worklog some later. Only have some sketches, bought the first materials I will need and build the frame for the next case. From januar till februar the 16th I will be in Australia, so no modding for some time. When I'm back in the Netherlands I will start with the project "Evolutionay" and show the progress in this forum.

I will give some specs from this computer.

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard
    AMD FX-55 CPU
    Corsair TWINX1024-4400C25PT memory
    2x XFX GeForce FX 6800GT PCI Express x16 Videocards
    2x Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 300 GB SATA 150 16MB harddisks
    2x Plextor PX-716A DVD-Rewriter
    Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 Pro soundcard
    2x Enermax EG465AX-VE PSU ( watercooled )

Hardisks are watercooled with two Aquacomputer aquadrives
    CPU is watercooled with an Aquacomputer Cuplex Evo
    The videocards are watercooled with Aquacomputer AquagraFX 8600 coolblocks

I use two waterloops, both with an Eheim 1048 pump and a Innovatek Fass-O-Matic reservoir.

The first loop.

Reservoir-->flowmeter-->pump-->BlackIce Xtreme II radiator-->Northbridge-->CPU-->videocards-->reservoir

Temps in degrees Celcius:
    water in the reservoir is 23.1 degrees at the moment
    GPU 47 degrees
    CPU 36 degrees

second loop

Reservoir-->pump-->BlackIce Xreme radiator-->Blackice Xtreme radiator-->PSU-->PSU--.Harddisk-->Harddisk-->flowmeter-->reservoir
    water in the reservoir is 22.8 degrees
    Harddisks 28 and 29 degrees

Room temperature is 20,5 degrees

and Doomfest your Dutch is very well. Casejunkies is a website for casemodders in the Netherland www.casejunkies.com They organized the casemodding championship. The guy from the newspaper is responsible for the text and the word futuristic. I only told him how many hours it took me to build it and some stuff about casemodding in general.

Link to full thread
    Last edited by Bucko; 05-05-2007 at 07:57 PM.