Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: Outpost 948

Default Project: Outpost 948

The year is 2126, for over the past 100 years the world has been in war. This has not been a war of boundaries, but a war of belief. In the start on the new Millinea, the world was shocked by the first of many terrorist attacks. Attacks like nothing that could have been imagined. Each one bringing thousands of deaths. The United States formed a coalition with other nations in an attempt to bring those responsible "to justice". For 15 years they fought a blind war, never knowing where the increasing number of attacks were coming from, or even who was organizing them. By 2050 nearly 1 million people had been killed, either in fighting, or from unseen attacks. The world agreed they must fight together to stop this ghostly evil. All free countries, and even some non free ones, Cuba, China, and many others came together with The United States and England to fight under one flag, the flag of know as that of Nations for Global Peace. Then it happened... an attack so massive, it instantly killed 250,000 people, with 400,000 wounded. The total death count would be over 600,000. A nuclear weapon had struck one of the nations largest cities. It could have been worse, but the missile malfunctioned, going under-water before it exploded. After this point, the newly formed NGP set out to create a defense system like nothing the world had ever seen. A system to make Hitlers Atlantic wall look like a child's fort made from card-board boxes. They decided on a system of self sufficient cities, with airports, and research labs, hospitals and water purifiers; they decided on; Outposts. Outposts with the most advanced Radar systems, top-of-the-line air craft. The Outposts themselves were bunkers made to survive nuclear attacks. Thousands of these bunkers were built, in steamy Jungles, in frigid mountains, on small islands, and in the arid deserts. They were given numbers for easy identification in case of an attack. This is one of those Outposts. This is Outpost 948.

Ok, have fun reading? Yes I got bored, anyway. To give an idea of how this mod is designed (I don't have CAD or and fancy drawings,so your going to have to imagine this one :p ). I'll post some pics when I can get my digital camera workin. Anyway, I started with a mid-size ATX case, I will be using something I love from the Doom 3 mod, the rocks.In my mod rocks will create a small mountain on the front left of the case, the mountain will slope down till it hits the ground on the lower right side of the case. There will be a tunnel with a 120 mm fan inside. The right side will have a window, and on top of the case there will be a, acrylic box on a bit of an angle, on top the will be a runway with a few jets and helicopters. The rocks will be painted tan and I will attempt to give the the appearence of the desert. The case will be painted a tan color. Yes I know it seems plain, but would it be that fun if I told you everything right away?

Well, I'll post some pics of what I've done tomarrow, once I get the time. most of this mod will be built with things I have laying around, my budget is about $100, so I need to spend wisely, hopefully it will turn out pretty nice.

Default Re: Project: Outpost 948

[QUOTE=Aero]The year is 2126, for over the past 100 years the world has been in war.[QUOTE]

WTF?? i could've sworn i was only asleep for a couple of hours.....

lol. That sounds like an interesting theme. hope u can pull it off
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Sounds interesting, look forward to some sketches and stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero
    Ok, have fun reading? Yes I got board, anyway.
    Sorry, had to point this out, by board do you mean like wood (in which case it may be a little bit too much information) or bored in which case there is no innuendo at all . I know, I'm a prick.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com

lol, yeah I mean bored. I was falling asleep when I wrote that. You should have seen the amount of speling errors in my little background paragraph before spell-check.

Ok here is the case I am using. Its an old beige box. It used to have a P3 600mhz inside, but I'm going to be putting in my P4 3 ghz (which is my normal PC) in it instead.

Heres the left side, it has a cutout that I used for my Project Husky. When I make the window I just have to be sure that I cut around the current hole and everything should be dandy.

And heres the right side:

This cases was sitting in my room for about 4 months during the school year, I got board while doing my homework and would draw on it, thinking about modding it but never cutting it, which is why theres writing all over it :p

Spelled bored wrong again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aero
    lol, yeah I mean bored. I was falling asleep when I wrote that. You should have seen the amount of speling errors in my little background paragraph before spell-check.
    Did you actually change the spelling mistakes it pointed out?

Only kidding, we all do it from time to time.

The mod sounds intertesting, keep us up to date.

Whats more interesting though, is WTF is 'Buttery Flavour Liquid Margarine'????

Your case is resting on an empty box.

Is it that good that you buy it by the case load??

C'mon let us into the secret....
    Sarcasm - Is only one of the services I offer.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    And on the third day God said let there be Buttery Flavour Liquid Margarine, and he saw that it was good, then had some toast.
    Or didn't you all go to Catholic school like me?
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

ROFLMAO, I never noticed that box. It has some old junk in it and was sturdy enough to hold the PC case.

and on the spelling, that was the only subject in through grade school hat I regularly failed.

Also I went to the Cubs game today so I havn't worked on it much, just made some rocks, I'll post pics once I work on it more.

Actually on topic for a change, I think you should make the actual case itself appear to be steel or something, sticking up from the rock instead of painting it tan. It would be a bit more interesting. You could use some metallic silver paint then give it a brown wash to make it appear dirty and weather beaten. You could even score into the case to make it look like its made from panels of metal, then you could make that cut bit look like a massive explosion out the side and kind of bend the metal out and stuff. Then you could make the little tiny jets on top wrecks and make it look like there has been a massive battle played out on your case. Wikkid. As Westwood from Pimp My Ride UK would say, "your case would be straight blazin."

dude, temmink, do you have a microphone hidden in my house. Thats pretty close to what I was planning on doing. What I am going to do is first give it a gray base coat, then I will paint some areas tanish to get the impression of sand and the desert, then I am going to give areas of a darker gray and rust. I'm still debating how to make the inside look though, if I want to make it seems all futuristic but in the desert (think of Area 51 from Independance Day), or make it look like a battle was inside as well. If anyone thinks one will look better than the other, let me know, give your opinion, thats why this is here .

Also I did a (really) quick drawing in photoshop of the basic design that I have decided on. Ok this looks REALY crappy because usually if I have an idea, I draw it out on paper not the PC, so please don't laugh here, its free handing on a computer .

Of course this is without the paint scheme I just described.

The scan lines are where I'm going to stealth my 2 drives, proboly by painting them and covering them with some mesh.