Thread: Project - Quik-Silver

Default Project - Quik-Silver

First of all ide like to say a BIG HELLO to all !!

THis isnt my first mod but i know i need to improve on some skills...not to mention tools...

For a while i wanted to build my own cube especially after owning a YY cube that i modded and sold.....and regreting it later..

So here is my cube that was basicly built using the skeleton of 2 el-cheapo cases but totaly identical.

My first priority was to fit my new passive reservoir from WACC (im sorry to say that these guys closed shop a few days ago..)..

Well lets start with a pic of what i started with without the plastic as i forgot to take a pic before o tore out their guts..

Now lets see what i mean by wanting a special place for my reservoir...

The 2 case were NOT attached to eachother directly but were both screwed onto a mdf base about 10cm from eachother leaving the needed space for the res.

The nest for the reservoir was made out of stainless steel sheet(0.8mm)

Now here is some work done with dressing the case up.....
    This was done using sheet aluminum (0.6mm) usually used for flight case assembly etc.

Another shot of it allmost finished with the dressing..(note that this was about 3am..)

Here is a pic of the front before assembly...
    Now mind you im not done with the right side which needs some thought as to what im going to put there so i just painted the drive silver and covered the top end with a temp. botton panel (bottons are for lighting)

Ok now its all assembled with the reservoir/little lcd screen (2x16)/windows/transparent handles and feet (all lighted with blue leds).

I also added a blue seethrough plexi door to the right to sorta hide the various imperfections for now.
    Also used the same plexi for both front mini window and lcd screen front.
    Side was done in a regular transparent 0.5cm plexi.

and

I know you want to see some side and inside shots but im not done with the wiring not to mention that my camera sucks for inside shots so im waiting for a buddies cam and will have to take it out side where i have the room to do it right..

Cheers!

Link to original thread
    Last edited by Bucko; 05-05-2007 at 08:05 PM.