Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new transformers movie

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Default The new transformers movie

Me and the wifey are sitting in the movie theater and I'm giving my normal thumbs up / thumbs down in to all the previews of the new movies.

Then the trailer came on for the new transformers movie. Ok, I fit right into this crowd I had a couple of transformers as a kid. I'm thinking this is gonna be dumb. I liked lots of things as a kid that turned into terrible movies. The punisher for one.

If you haven't seen the trailer here's a link. My wife looks over at me for my cordule thumbs up and I'm freaken breathless. I'm almost cried.

It's gonna be wicked cool....

Here's the Trailer

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: The new transformers movie

I can't wait to see this movie, it looks pretty friggen awesome! I hope it doesn't disappoint like so many movies do. I'm starting to get really sick of that. The previews are always SO much better, which I can understand, but I would like to see a movie that gives you the same experience as the previews did. Make the previews as cool as you want, just make sure the movie rocks too. Thats all I ask. ^_^

Talk about your flash backs, I just had a couple! I remember when I was younger I had all the toys and I watched the tv shows religiously. My favorite toy was a huge optimus prime that could (with great difficulty) "morph" into a tank, jet and of course the human form. That was years ago, I remember it cost my parents an arm and a leg at the time, but I was happiest kid alive. Man I wish I could find that toy.

Do you guys remember beast wars and beast machines? That was the holy grail of all transformers if you ask me. I think I missed maybe 3 episodes out of the entire series. Man... 1995-2000, that doesn't seem that long ago at all! I keep forgetting its 2007. >< I must of been something like... 8 years old when beast wars first came out. oh and the pc game. lol oh man. I remember playing that game all the time. our computer could barely even play it, but I played it anyways. kind of crazy to think that my dad still has and USES that same machine. That was in 1998, its now 2007. I keep tellin him to upgrade but he insists that his computer is perfect for what he needs it for. whatev. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Dude, I remember beast wars. I thought it was so cool with the 3d animation. As far as I know I watched every episode. Here in WY they changed the time to watch it so I had to figure out the VCR that may dad couldn't get to record because it came on right when we had to leave for school. But I can't wait for this movie it looks awesome. I still have the original movie on VHS somewhere. Thinking of upgrading it to DVD on of these days.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I can't wait for the movie to come out. When I saw the trailer it reminded me of the transformers obseesion I had as a child, and then I wrote a huge blog on the life of Optimus Prime. here

You guys are sooooo young.. Those aren't the true transformers. You're talking bout the ones from the late 90's. Who here remembers the ones from the mid 80's?

****... Now I'm feeling really old.

Oh yeah, I had the Optimus Prime action figure!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Not only am I right with ya Rick on remembering the REAL Transformers, but I'm also kicking myself in the ass for not treating my Optimus Prime with respect. One of his arms got busted off. Had I known how much he'd be worth today...I'd still have him--I think my parents donated all my Transformers to The Salvation Army about 10 years ago.

Oh man, the memories: I had a good collection of Autobots, and my best friend had a similar number of Decepticons. The battles we waged...
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

What were the other transforming robots called, Gobots?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    What were the other transforming robots called, Gobots?
    Wiki FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    Dude, I remember beast wars. I thought it was so cool with the 3d animation.
    Beast wars was sweet the friken cheater dude was awesome.

I vaguely remember the original transformers when they where cars and trucks and stuff.

Mum theres a 20foot robot in the pool that turned into a car and drove away
    Yes dear....
    Need a sig