Thread: Doom inspired kitbash Mouse Mod

Anodized

Default Doom inspired kitbash Mouse Mod

You last visited: 10-09-2006 at 07:21 AM

Whoa shame on me! I'll just say school and other work got me too busy?

I once said I modded an old mechanical mouse we didn't use anymore. Well now I have finally got the digital camera here! So I can post some piccies now.

This is my first mod ever. I collected/cut off little bits of old action figures and other toys, and glued them to the mouse. I also found a metal ring like thing in which I put some plastic cover(I wish I could put a LED in there, that would make it soo cool, but I don't have the skill for that) Then I took my games workshop paint and started giving it some color. I also used a lighter to soften parts of the plastic so I could carve in it (it also made these corroded little bubbles on it )

It doesn't look too usable, but the big round thing in the middle supports most of your hand, and the mouse buttons feel really good! Of course I don't use it, since it is mechanical, old, and I don't have any sort of varnish around to protect the paint. It's more of a showpiece really.

Aaand one without flash:

I'm getting some inspiration again for a casemod I'm working on, but I'm afraid my timing is a bit off, cause it's getting reaaally cold in our cellar now...

-That UPS guy delivered the wrong PSU. I'll teach him with my USP!-

Anodized

Default Re: Mouse Mod

Haha thanks. Yeah, I think I got a bit of my inspiration from the Doom3 mod that's on the front page. The other part of inspiration came from the fossile mouse mod video.

Link to original thread
    Last edited by Bucko; 05-06-2007 at 07:39 AM.

-That UPS guy delivered the wrong PSU. I'll teach him with my USP!-