Thread: Interior Sound Insulation?

Fresh Paint

Default Interior Sound Insulation?

I was wondering what material is best for use inside a case for sound deadening. I know that usually this can lead to higher interior temperatures, but since my system is watercooled, it is ok. TIA

Water Cooled

Default Re: Interior Sound Insulation?

sound dampening mats are the best you can find them at almost every retailer, or you can go hardcore and order some 1" studio mats.

ATX Mental Case

The cpu and gpu may be cooled by the water and maybe even the chipset, but you also have to consider the motherboard's power regulators like the capacitors and transformers. Be sure you don't disrupt airflow through your case by putting in too much dampening material. Just a caution to keep in mind.
    The path to the good life is directly beneath you at this exact moment

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Bum
    The cpu and gpu may be cooled by the water and maybe even the chipset, but you also have to consider the motherboard's power regulators like the capacitors and transformers. Be sure you don't disrupt airflow through your case by putting in too much dampening material. Just a caution to keep in mind.
    I realize this, and I have plenty of air flow through my case. I have two 120mm fans on my radiator and two 80mm exhaust fans. My motherboard temp (not sure where this sensor is) but it read 80 F.

My plan is to put material on the inside of my side door, and at the back of the case around the motherboard. I don't see that this would really disrupt airflow. Am I correct in these assumptions?

Water Cooled

you are correct, but make sure the 120mm fans are exhausts on the rad, you dont want to blow hot air into the case, and the 80mm's are intakes