Thread: BCOD- Blue Calculator of Death

Default BCOD- Blue Calculator of Death

Ok, so I went back to school recently, last tuesday to be exact. And as you may or may not be aware, in High School it is required that you have a Graphing Calculator. Several models are available, the older TI-83+ and TI-83+ Silver edition, and newer TI-84+ and TI-84+ Silver Edition. Google them if you want to know more. Anyway they all look pretty plain. Heres a TI-83+ SE, which is what I have..err had.

So, as you can tell it not all that special. I have been wanting to mod mine for a long time, and had 1 unsucessful attempt that resulted in a dead TI-83+. (http://www.yoshi.us/forums/showthrea...&page=1&pp=10). ANYWAY on a up note. I did finally mod one without breaking it!

Ok, so I used some Modders mesh from mnpctech.com, that stuff rocks. It has a simple elegance to it. I also used 2 3mm LED's and one 5mm LED. All blue. Yeah thats right. BLUE. Hence the name of this mod. BCOD, Blue Calculator of Death. Here are some pics. Hope yall like it.

That screenshot proboly don't mean too much to anyone here, but its the Application version of a program my friends made, it does almost everything you need for Algebra 2 and some Trig. Making it an App keeps a vast majority of you calc's memory open, which is why its important to anyone at my school (I love "beta" testing).

Next pic:

Like I said I used 3 blue LED's.

Yes, that is part of a Molex conector, I used it as a type of "switch" because my actuall switchs got hot glue and Epoxy in them and they couldn't work, so I improvised, I actually like it, make it real simple to work with and lays nearly flat when connected.

SO, thoughts, comments?

Link To Original Thread
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 05-06-2007 at 02:28 PM.