Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The TIP-3000

Default Re: Integration Project: Stage 1

Feedback Time!

First off, thanks to whoever moved my worklog into the featured galleries. I'm pretty surprised to be honest, i didn't think my work was at that level, but i was hoping to get something in there someday-thanks very much! (I suspect Rankenphile might be behind this, thanks buddy!)

And on to some feedback:

seems like that liquid metal is crap to work with.
    Hell yes. I really, really, need to get some bondo. I'm guessing i'm a Bondo master as i actually managed to get some results out of this crapolla. To be fair, it's not designed for this use, but it's murder to work with. Avoid at all costs.

wow, you finished something?
    Yeah, i feel the same way

Can you hide the blue wires behind the dials?
    Well, that's one of the ideas that didn't work out so well. I wanted to continue the diorama onto the front panel, and have the wires on the front look interesting. For this purpose, i intentionally used a wide variety of randomly coloured wires. The effect looks ok when you're sitting next to it, but looks weird in the pics (even amatuerish). the problem is that there isn't enough wires, to be honest-but if i ever stick my LED plate in there, then it would probably looks suitably interesting that this would no longer be an issue.

wow very nice. Gotta like the industrial mesh. I would like to make a techies suggestion to add an air filter behind the mesh to keep that nasty nasty dust off the very expensive electronics.

But dang Very nice patient work........Especially for a first modd.
    The air filter was something i considered, but I think it would really ruin the look of the whole thing. But i know what you mean about ruining the electronics...after all, there's 11 fans in this beast (which, by the way, can run so close to silent...those Akasa Amber fans are great, and the Zalmans are nice too) and they move a lot of air. Thanks for the compliments too man.

one tiny little sidenote... maybe you should try to get the needle-gauge-thingies in orange also... they look just a little bit off to me
    I had thought about this, but decided to stick with the green-i like the contrast, and they go with CPU cooler, which has a green LED fan in it. I think they kind of jump out and say, "I'm a different part of this computer. I'm the control Panel. Look at my different colours." If anything, i'd change the backgrounds so they didn't say "Signal", and maybe something more interesting, but i'd probably still keep the green.

the details are great, the light the control panel(maybe a less powerfull LED wuth work better), the right window....
    The LED's aren't as powerful as the photos make them look. That was a longer exposure time with a tripod. I'll be writing up a small tutorial on taking photos of your mods later, using these photos and 'bad versions' of these photos. The problem is, i write them in OpenOffice and then i never convert them to the forums. I've got them all lying on my drive uselessly.

I'll post them soon as i can. Honestly guys, thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear what you think of my work and ideas, so be as harsh as you like too. (Note: that doesn't mean you can say "Oh, it's crap." Ya gotta be constructive! )

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Default Re: Integration Project: Stage 1

Thanks again guys! Good to see you back Jon, it's a shame i never used any of your ideas too! Thought you might like to see something I found the other day.

My original concept Sketch...

... and the finished Computer.

-Dave

Link To Original Thread
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 05-06-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!