Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masta Blasta

Default Masta Blasta

This mod isn't my normal harcore mod, but more more a mild mod for a freind who is not keen on watercooling but still wants a case that will handle some hardcore overcloking.

I'ts back to some good o'l traditional modding, air cooling and a simple paint job.

Masta Blaster, a case named by Zak made... by Defyant.... for Harry.

A few yrs old now, but still has the potential needed for this mod.

Clean sharp lines, i want this mod to be stylish with a clean stealth look to it.

First thing is to cut an extra hole in the rear of the case remove all the standard metal grills and add a 90mm top blow hole.

A scuff back, and a prep and she's ready for primer.

the top is masked, as this will be sprayed a diff color.

A few coats of primer and then 3 coats of custom tinted candy apple red metailc and a quik rub back and prep for clear coat.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Default Re: Masta Blasta

After 3 coats of clear...im starting to think i should keep this pc!!

The other side! nice and open and will work in very well for what i have in mind.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:19 AM.

with the chassis painted and ready i moved onto the front panel.

the idea is to make the panel breath, i need to let the for front mounted 80mm fans draw air.

I decided to cut out the bottem section and replace it with mesh. also adding a removable air filter and relocatating the on/off atx switch.

a ruff cutout was done, this will be tidy'd up ltr and sme mesh was cut to size.

a qik fit of the front shows the colors working well.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:21 AM.

thax for the support guys! real good......... weirdguy...what?

sxenoG i hope your friend does that....you should try modding someday too! but thanx for stopping by and having a chat...

back to modding eh?

Fitting up the quad front fan rubber trims and grommets, these are importantwith so many fans to help stop vibration and excess noise.

The rubber trimming will need some trimming itself

The end result, always looks nicer than just bolting fans streight in.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.

kinda going back and forward here, but im painting in winter in the workshop, so im grabing be best parts of the day to paint

A qick mask up and primer and its outside to paint.. you guys can see that both side panels on masta blasta have holes cut in them. I went for a rouned
    edge cut abd used the same curve on both panels.

the primer was let sit for a day then wet rubbed smooth using the "black shadow" teknique.

Then the parts were brought back into the workshop and painted silver with 3 coats of clear.

I was really happy with how good the silver looks with the custom red.... ive seen it on a lot of mods before and new this combo would work well for MB.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:25 AM.

While the paints spends the next few hours going rock hard, i moved back onto the front panel.

next was to clean upthose nasty inside edges , this edge will be used to support a "removable" cleanable filter,

I figure with over 100cfm being drawn threw the front MB was going to be a real dyson.

A small frame is cut , then the filter is glued to it and the whole unit is layed in the cavity.

next was to graft back in the original atx on/off switch. drilling oout the hole where the old usb port door was this would be a perfect place to relocated
    the switch to.

Some carfull dremaling to get the hole "just right"

still needs some cleaning up, but you guys get the idea

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:27 AM.

T'was time to pop down to my fav place the plex shop and have the guys cut me up a few peices of 4.5mm smoked plex!

one nice sexy side window, and 3 smaller peices that will make up the new front of Masta blasta.

The bottem peice you see in da pic will fit it the floppy hole and will need some hand beveling to fit.

you can see in the bottem pics how the smked plex will replace the old panels.

Next was to do some 120mm frehand hole work!!!! i love this ****

A clean up for the edges....this is important!!! smothing these will reduce wind noise!

Peal off that protective coat and glue the window in! WOW!! i love this look......and FULL CREDS to HAL! man you rock,

using clear plex screws in go the 120mm Masta blasta's!

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Couldn't resist a look

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:31 AM.

lot of ppl say that... think if your setup, have the right tools and parts needed mods do seem to happen fast..... but in saying that HPR3 has ground to a holt...

this mod was pretty well mapped 2 yrs ago when i built the case for son Zak... it was just a matter of me getting a few free days to knock it over.

Time to move onto the other side of the tower!

knowing how hard those dual 120's blow, i'd need a better solution to EXHAUST when these babys were tuned on...

i opted for some passive goodness and decided to install some mesh

Matrix goodness!

It was decided a good way to monitor temps etc and to add some class to the front would be ti install an LCD.

A matrix was the only choice.

To keep the clean sleek look @ the front a stealthed cdrom was the go.

i may add a hole later for an eject switch...for now windows can do that

So not to scratch up the new chassis paint job some grommets are cut in half and used as buffers for the screws.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.

cheers guys

the brand of the case i think was icute? its actually 2 cases moulded back into one. Its a few years old but i still see similar cheeper versions around.

So not to scratch up the new chassis paint job some grommets are cut in half and used as buffers for the screws.

the same is done for the HDD later.

Installing the masta fans.

we the front ones were a no brainer but **** they look good

for the top 90mm the grommets and rubber lipping were also used but some sexy mesh goodness was addded.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-17-2012 at 01:53 AM.