Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellgate:Lian-Li

Anodized

Default Re: Hellgate:Lian-Li

Hey everyone. It seems that this mod is comeing to an end...for now. I have officially run out of time. This tuesday i will be moveing into college and will not have the time/tools to do anything new to this mod. I regret that I did not finish everything that I had hoped to do. So I am makeing a "christmas list" of what will be done when I get back dureing my break.

+Etches
    +UV dye

.....ok it's a short list but the etches will be large to say the least and actually will be right in time for the release of the game.

Some information on my standing with the people at Flagship Studios.
    I contacted them recently to see if maybe they would want to use my case at one of thir demos. Sadly they declined saying that they loved my case but they didnt want to deal with shipping/security/other things. Also they said tht hen they do demos they set up a line of 12 computers that are hidden behind a wall and all you see are the screens, keyboards, and mice....so it would be pointless. Even with this minor dissapointment they did however grant me a beta position as well as the opportunity to have my case headlined on their site as soon as I would like. So all is not lost. I too had concerns with my work being distroyed so in a way I am relieved.

With that said I realize that I am long past due on an update. Dont worry, I havent been takeing this time off. Although this may seem like a small ammount of work to some I have to admit it was by far the hardest. The sleeveng, soldering, fitting, heatshrinking, testing, re-fitting, resizeing, re-doinng, and re-thinking was a huge drain on me and has been, by a huge margine, the HARDEST part of the mod. So enough wih the talk and on with the pictures.

Step one was to mount the connectors for the radiator fans. I simply drilled some holes and did some quick fileing.

Mounted

On the bottome of the next picture you can see the drive bay cover mounted as well.

Another concern that I'e heard alot is "That adiator will never fit" This is how I fixed that. I made a plexiglass spacer and used some m3 screws to mount the psu plate. I also left enough space on the bolts to accomedate a much larger psu should I even need one. (Sli)

I also extended the plexi into the case to keep everything fluid and as you can see the radiator does in fact fit : )

Here is the front of the case with the two fan controllers, the DVD RW, and 2 empty bays that cover up the HDD's (I had to buy another one since Lian-li doesnt include enough)

If you've ever wondered what 50ft of 1/8th, and 1/4inch red sleeving looks like then now you know.

The best paste for below ambient cooling

The front connectors sleeved.

My workstation

First radiator connector done

Top one done as well

Bringing the connection through to the fan controllers. There was going to be a third connector but i ditched it becuase it was unneccesary.

Testing

IT WORKS

That blue car is a dodge viper. My future car of choice.

Anodized

Default Re: Hellgate:Lian-Li

This next slew of pictures is of the case in it's current finished state without hardware and with the lights turned on.

Lights out

These last two pictures are of the high and low setting of fans. On low setting I cannot hear the machine without actually trying to listen.

High

Low

It should also be noted that on high it is not any louder than any regular machine. Although i have not turned on the pumps yet.

Link To Original Thread
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 05-07-2007 at 08:45 PM.