Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch TV in the Rain!?!

Default Watch TV in the Rain!?!

Thought it was interesting. I guess there are some reasons that you need to put an LCD TV in a wet environment, just no good ones come to mind at the moment

Looks like in the Sink or Float categories.. it floats!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Watch TV in the Rain!?!

Woah, if I put my monitor or tv in water, it would fry. Is that some kind of new tv or something?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Oops, I forgot the link to the original article..

http://www.gadgetell.com/2007/05/iiz...id-waterproof/

How about an aquarium PC with a changable (and animated) background.

first off, Did the company see a need to build this in the first place? I mean, come one, who would pay extra for a waterproof screen? NOT ME! So why would they spend the money on research and development? I Call BS!!!! the image on that screen could have just been printed on paper. they shoudl have had the image moving or atleast a movie playing or something. Then it would have been a little more belivable. BS!!!!

Austral Alien

The video looks pretty impressive and real when you look on their website. It's the same as above, except at 17Mb it has a lot better resolution.

I can think of a few uses for this and companies or businesses who would buy it.

It would be ideal on a Cruise Ship for example for outdoor entertaining. Same goes for a beer garden in a pub.
    While most people wouldn't need it for personal use, I'm sure there are a few people with money who would want one for an outdoor entertainment area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

I guess I could see where you might want one in an outdoor envirement for rain, but that can solved by placing the tv under an overhang to protect it from rain. Not to mention the theft factor would be really high.

Would be very cool to have installed in the shower.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

The people at Envirovision have created a waterproof 19” HD ready TV. Useful if you can comfortably watch it when sitting on the toiled or soaking in the tub. But in the shower? I’m having a hard time trying to imagine how you’d watch TV in the shower, really.
    Placement and practicality problems aside, the system is pretty smart.
    There are actually two sets available, a 17” one which is quite ordinary, and the 19” HD ready Freeview, which sports a HDMI input and optional separate ceiling speakers. Both devices have inbuilt digital and analogue tuners and are able to receive Freeview digital video and radio. They also have a ‘Direct Heat’ technology that allows for very fast heating of the screen in order to avoid misting before it begins to form.

The 17″ display has a 1280×768 resolution, while the 19″ displays 1440×960 pixels.

The installation process and integration capabilities are what set this set apart from other devices. For instance, it just fits over the cutout (which only has to be 6 cm deep) and seals itself even on a wall surface.

The front frame is made out of polished or grained Japanese steel and can be ordered in different-colored finishes (black or gold, for a hefty premium of course).

The TV’s can be ordered online at envirovision, starting at $1989.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rendermandan View Post
    I guess I could see where you might want one in an outdoor envirement for rain, but that can solved by placing the tv under an overhang to protect it from rain. Not to mention the theft factor would be really high.
    This could be useful for research and expedition type things were they might be in environments that would normally be bad places to try and use a computer. Sort of similar to the tough book concept. A computer that can go anywhere and take a beating, not everyone needs it but for the people that do its a god send.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Would be very cool to have installed in the shower.
    LoL I would love that, especially if they made it a touchscreen. I would have a computer set up with a multi panel display that way i could have this one in the shower and a second one that could swing out when I'm sitting on the toilet. Throw in Google Tisp and were all set.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.