Thread: Tenebrae

Default Tenebrae

It's time for a new case. It's time for another mod (when I'm done with CS:Server). My current case is getting old and crappy from the normal LAN wear-and-tear. So, I have made some plans for a new project. I'm hoping for some sponsorship for this case, (mainly the case and some plexi) but I'm probably thinking too optimistically. I plan on sending photos of CS:Server, and a few other things (that will probably be posted soon) for my experience part, and then the plan for this case, called Tenebrae (for now). Tenebrae is the Latin word for "darkness", and that's what this case will be. Black case. Blue plexi. Low lighting. It is supposed to simulate darkness, or night time. It is currently based off of the Sigma Atlantis case. I saw the case, it I just thought it was awesome. Anyways, onto the concept art.

Glamor shot .

Top shot. Fan holes.

Side panel.

Also, I want to somehow incorporate some sort of open, dark area, and I thought that Snowfire had a pretty good portrayal with the panoramic view of Death Valley. I'm thinking something like this, with more (haven't decided what though) will be on the blank panel.

Black parts will be cut out with blue plexi, silver is case. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a "night sky" or something similar, but I've got a lot of time before this starts.

What'd you think? Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: Tenebrae

Good idea. I really love that case. Also, the name for it and the idea seems to be good.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Looks pretty cool, Mal.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Looks Really good man! Great Work! +Rep
    When you gonna start on it?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

That is an awesome looking case!

Hope everything comes together for you. The design of that case is excellent, hope to get to see it built someday. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Thanks guys. I plan on starting it as soon as I'm done with CS:Server (hopefully before the end of summer... I really have no time at all with drivers ed and work..). I'll be sending stuff out to companies for sponsorship about a month before I think I'll be done, so there's time to reach them, and them to get back to me. I'm still not all that confident in getting any sponsors, since this will be like, my 3rd mod, but hey, it's worth a shot, and the reactions I get will help with future sponsorship.

And Snow, I'm almost positive it will get built someday, but it may just take longer than I'd like if I have to buy everything.. . Like I said though, I only really need the case, blue plexi, blue fans, and some small UV LEDs or cold cathodes. I may find I need more in the future, but my current system will be inside it, so I have all the hardware I need. Also, thanks again for the inspiration with the picture! It came at the perfect time. I was thinking, "what could I do for the case... I know I want blue and black, but, hmmm..." and then it was like, "YES! That's perfect!" lol.
    RIP Bucko

That looks pretty good. Personally, it would annoy me if it didn't have textures. I'd either have it completely smooth or go the whole hog with a case, and try and stick something in every free space if you get what I mean. :p

Looks nice though, what you planning to build it out of?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

The case is the Sigma Atlantis. The blue plexi will be AC Ryan stuff, and there will be blue fans to match. To make the black part of the top fan grill, I'll hopefully have enough metal cut out of the case to use. If not, design modification. The parts will be the parts in my sig. Nice thing about that; most of them are on blue PCBs. Motherboard, video card, Blue Orb... Black sound card, black PSU and sleeving... Fits the theme pretty perfectly.
    RIP Bucko