Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modding an nes and I want some advice please

Fresh Paint

Default Re: modding an nes and I want some advice please

Quote Originally Posted by temmink
    So you want to put a NES in a computer case not a computer in a NES case, your weird, and I think you have things backward. Why are you modding your NES? It's a retro symbol, I just don't understand at all. I mean modding an xbox is fair enough cause they are ugly and will never be a classic, but a NES is really cool. Now if you had a non working NES and wanted to put a sff pc inside I could understand, cause that would be hot, but your idea is just plain wack. Can I also point out that it feels fundamentally wrong to hack up a working peice of gaming history, working NES' are hard enough to find now, don't ruin yours.

So there.
    I agree... NES is... Well, its not even 16-bit. Modding generally means you put a decent computer inside of some crazy thing. I don't see the point of putting something thats 20 years old in a nice box.

I want to create a souped up better version of the nes. Its already torn apart beyond putting it back to its original state so your not talking me out of it. If you want to help I will greatly appreciate it. Otherwise please dont badger my ideas.

bump

I know this is a very old topic, but dragon, if you are still still working on this you should visit oldschoolsystems.com. It is a site dedicated to Nintendo modding. The forum isn't horribly busy, but it is active. I've done the NES PC thing before and am probly one of the most knowledgable about it, so you can ask me any questions you want.