Thread: project hex

Fresh Paint

Default project hex

ive been paying around with the idea of computers and i love computers which are made from basic polygons so i have come up with a simple idea to build a case but atm i have 3 problems i dont know if i can get this to work and i dont know how to make the instestines of the case and i dont have the dosh
    please note that the image is very simple and will look much better in RL

and also no flames this is my first design ive been working with pc's under 3 months since im a ex-mac boi

Default Re: project hex

and also no flames this is my first design ive been working with pc's under 3 months since im a ex-mac boi
    We ban flamers.

Had a look at your drawing...having a bit of trouble interpreting what you want. Do you have a starting point? An old case for example?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Fresh Paint

well im trying not to sort of style it off anything but ill show you some ideas where i found them from.... [URL="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec04/images/appleg5.l.jpg"[/URL]
    for the front panel i like the small flat bit where the power button is and the perforated sheet front part of the body always looked good with alot of room for improvement

sort of gave me the idea of a square box design with the paneled borders and a feture metal part

have the flipdown cd rom cover that i loved out of all the silly features on the evilmac

is close too what im using for the panneling
    and after ive made all the extras im getting them powder coated in the colours green and red (my colours)

thing i would like to change on a second look is cd drive cover should also be in hexangonal shape and the on/off plate on the front

Anodized

I like it, because I am working on a almost identical design.

With my case I am using the pattern that is in my Sig so the hexagons space out as they get closer to the rear of the case. The side panels are going to be made out of black mesh with silver aluminum hexagons. Underneth the mesh I want to have either a very bright green or blue glow shinning through the mesh and going in between the cracks in the hexagons. The front of the case will be very tight like the beginning of the pattern. I was going to mod one of the hexagons to turn on the PC kinda like a hidden button.

Of course watercooling the system, since mesh probably won't make very well for keeping air flow inside the case.

I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing though. It is nice to see designs similar to help assist with the creative flow.

Fresh Paint

ok some new progress on my design th paint job has been changed to a dual tone colourshifting paint (red-green) to keep with my themed coloures with a thermal undercoat (black to white) to showup any hotspots .in case work i have found a very spacey case wherre i can fit a snug dual radeon 2900 cards i will attach hexagonal mash to all parts to the case except the bottem and sneak in a hidden reset+power in the front with the power on led snuck into the back and fo cords just get a pair of metal cutters and a file and make a hole for each one which works better.

now for the above post because my case wont have a meash behind it i get 75% airflow between the gaps so ima just buy quite a few fans and beefy heat sinks as air is cheaper and less dangorus to expensive compents seeing as ive spent $200 over budget on the computer with dual 2950 radeon xt so i cant afford to kill anything. and for your lighting sneak in a. fibre optic lighting via led's or just get 1-4 powerful leds that will light the whole case.

and on a new note im doing a practise mod by fitting my little brothers new compents computer into a emac case....they are damn spacey i could fit a powersupply screen(17inch lcd) whole motherboard (Latx form) sideways a few fans to force air in from behind the speakers but man the emacs are HUGE

Fresh Paint

update: ive found my self a good fram which i might dump out for one of msi's beefy 4 double wide pciex16 *cough* x8 speed ports so to counter this ima install my mother board upside down and extend the top out

ive found the hexagonal sheet metal which is costing $30 nzd ($15usd) for a sheet 50cmX50cm so to compelete this mod im going to need 3 sheets
    the fancy colour shifting paint im buying requires a black undercoat but the paint its self is $90nzd(45usd) a can which might only just finsh the job