Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: GameBoy as external HDD

Default Re: GameBoy as external HDD

Agree with Scotty here, try with an X-acto

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

ATX Mental Case

have something like this lying around here. Will try to use it on the original pic at the weekend. Thanks for the hint guys.

Very cool idea, I was thinking of making a gameboy mp3 player myself. Keep it up, anxious to see how this turns out.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

ATX Mental Case

Hey guys,

made not the progress I wanted to make this weekend, but I have an excuse. A friend of mine goes to America for a year at the end of the week and we had a goodbye party for her, it got late, you know. But there is some little progress so far. Tested the knife idea and it worked pretty good. Here's a picture of the result. Please excuse the blue led's. Got the green ones this week and tested them and it looks really nice but my camera seems to not like green and won't make nice pics of it. So here's the whole thing with blue leds:

One shot with green ones just to get the colour:

Oh and the plexi isn't flipped around right know so the image is mirror-inverted.

Not bad, much sharper then before.

ATX Mental Case

Got some time for modding today so here is what if done so far:

First of all I had some issues with the display plexi. There was some glue on it and I had to clean the plexi which was harder then I thought. Especially when it looked like this somewhere in the cleaning process:

But I got it clean and ready for mounting on the top part of the gameboy case.The next picture shows the mounted display with the led (going with just one led, it's bright enough) and some wires.

Wire-work completed and fan-connector added to connect the led to the HDD-board.

At the moment we stand here:

A black backplate for the plexi is added and everything is glued in place. Sorry no pics of the led/display while being active, but I tested it and it looks sweet.

Now I'm thinking about the buttons. Not sure if I should keep them in the original dark grey or paint them silver. Guess I will leave them original, because I like how they look when mounted.

ATX Mental Case

This mod is finally finished. First of all I want to say that the paint looks really bad on the pics but it isn't that bad at all. And I excuse for the bad picture with the led on but I couldn't make a better one. Not very good with the camera

I decided to go with the original buttons and glued them in place with hot glue. Then I mounted everything together and ran into a little problem. I had to use a little dot of glue to mount the case properly. No big deal, just a little bit of glue so there is no open spot at the side:

Here are some final pics:

With led on at daylight:

And in the dark: (sorry for the bad pic)

Thanks for all you comments and help on this guys. This was my first real project and I think I learned quite a lot while doing this. I know it's not really a professional or very good mod but it was very much fun doing it and I won't stop here, because it made me want more

sweet stuff man, look pretty damn good.

if i ever happen upon an old gameboy, im gunna try to rig myself up one of these!