Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Request Box

Default Tutorial Request Box

We had talked about trying this so I'll start it here. If there is a specific topic/technique that someone wants a tutorial on then post a request in here. If you see a request here that you feel you are qualified to cover, we would welcome your input and a tutorial if you're up to it. If you are working on a tutorial please drop a note here as well so others know that help is on the way. Thanks everyone, let's see how this works out.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Tutorial Request Box

I have a request!

How do I remove the "glue-stuff" (isn't it a grease?) on my CPU to put on a new heatsink? Or is that not even possible?

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0m3g4 View Post
    I have a request!

How do I remove the "glue-stuff" (isn't it a grease?) on my CPU to put on a new heatsink? Or is that not even possible?
    Rubbing alchohol and a Q-tip.

NEEEXT!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Or, like me, you could buy a bottle of TIM cleaner. I get Akasa stuff and it smells like lemon. It's great stuff, although a waste of money. Makes you look like a real pro though.

(Even though real pros laugh at noobs for buying stuff like that... )

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

Rubbing alcohol on the CPU? Ill keep that on mind, since I have to change my heatsink next week, probably. Thanks

One question, that could be answered in a PM if it's too large for the topic : would I be able to do the Carbon Fiber paint on wood without an airbrush? (lol, I know im getting boring with that paint, but Im getting a laptop soon and I wanna paint an airflow base like that, so it'll fit with the laptop Im getting... just google ASUS G1 and you'll see by yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoshi View Post
    Rubbing alcohol on the CPU? Ill keep that on mind, since I have to change my heatsink next week, probably. Thanks

One question, that could be answered in a PM if it's too large for the topic : would I be able to do the Carbon Fiber paint on wood without an airbrush? (lol, I know im getting boring with that paint, but Im getting a laptop soon and I wanna paint an airflow base like that, so it'll fit with the laptop Im getting... just google ASUS G1 and you'll see by yourself)
    Yep, Commando did a spray can carbon fiber tutorial here.
    RIP Bucko

How to Power PC fans via a RCA Jack

Id like a google sketchup quide on how to enlarge thing that arre imported and put them in a model.

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

Quote Originally Posted by sirkillalot617 View Post
    Id like a google sketchup quide on how to enlarge thing that arre imported and put them in a model.
    Such as..? A picture?

File > Import. Click where on the model you want it, drag your mouse for the size.

Another model?

Add it to your scene, click the Tape Measure, click the 2 points you're measuring, and look at the bottom of the screen. It will say, Enter a value to Resize. Enter your number. Nothing pops up, but press the numbers, and then Enter. You'll get a conformation.
    RIP Bucko

Hmmm...this isn't working out quite like I'd hoped. Most of this could be moved to the modding Q&A section. I'm going to lock this for now. So far there is one request here that may call for a tutorial: Using RCA connections to power fans. The sketchup question and thermal paste question are more Q&A type stuff. For something to be classified in my mind as a tutorial, it should be beginning to end walkthrough to produce something with the use of pictures where possible. I'll go back to the drawing board on this thread and re-think it a bit. For now, if you have a tutorial request PM myself or one of the other moderators and we'll post it here. Thanks,
    Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri