Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules of the Fix IT Shop

Austral Alien

Default Rules of the Fix IT Shop

This forum is here to allow members to help other members when they are having a problem with their computer. Modding questions should still go to the Rookies Nook or Modding Q&A forums.

If you have a question, make sure you put some info in the title too so people can tell at a glance if they may be able to help.
    Don't post a title like "OMFG my compter is broken!!!!111!!!" as it will soon be deleted.

If it's an urgent problem, call your ISP or some other paid Tech Support. This is NOT a fast, personal tech support forum, it's members take time out of their day to help.
    If you start a thread and no-one answers in a hurry, be patient.
    Bumping a thread within a couple of days of posting will result in the thread being deleted.

If no-one has answered after a few days, don't bump it unless you've actually done some of your own research and still haven't found an answer. If you do reply again to it to ask for help, let us know what you may have tried to do and waht you have found while researching.

If you have a problem and the operating system you are using is an illegal copy all we will tell you is to go and buy a legal copy. No futher help will be given until you do so.
    Last edited by simon275; 11-16-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Default Re: Rules of the Fix IT Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Don't post a title like "OMFG my compter is broken!!!!111!!!" as it will soon be deleted.
    no offense, but i contend that posting titles like that is a good way to call people to aid your situation, but i guess that it would get lame if it was just that you forgot to plug in your computer
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Austral Alien

It's a good way to make you look like a fool and get your thread deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Example of a reasonable title.

Windows won't boot properly. URGENT

Putting "URGENT" at the end lets people know that it's kind of important, at least to you. If you put OMFGEEEE COMPUTER DOESN"T BOOT!!!11!!12!! you'll look like a fool, like Bucko said. Don't overuse URGENT either, it'll get redundant and worn out, it's just an example I'm giving anyway, if the mods want something else they can make the final decision, as I'm not one.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

And going overboard with !'s and 1's and even 2's is noobish anyways. Doesn't look to professional and everyone will assume you don't know jack about computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

agreed.

The rules look pretty good Bucko, nice job. You've been a crazy lately with helping out the forums. I feel like I should address you as if I were addressing a officer or something lol. Yes sir mr. Bucko! right away mr. Bucko! Please don't ban me mr. Bucko!! :p

I was going to suggest a section like this later today. It seems quite a few people, including myself, have computer issues on a somewhat regular basis here on these forums. and although this is mainly a modding forum, its nice to ask for help from people you are familiar with. It's also nice to not have to go through the hassle of signing up for other websites, even though in some cases we really should. Such as health issues for example... which I'm guilty of lol. Its better to get professional advice anyways for those type of things. Go to the doctor for health issues, come here for computer health issues. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i recommend this thread being locked as its rules.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

i recommend this thread being locked as its rules.
    We will, but we like to let everyone get their grumbles/stupid questions out the way. Also, we can make sure that everything is nice and clear.

That way there's less trouble come ass kicking time.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

can i do some kicking,,,PLEASE,
    /spit
    /shine
    /gleam

i got my steelies ready,,,,,

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I feel like I should address you as if I were addressing a officer or something lol. Yes sir mr. Bucko! right away mr. Bucko! Please don't ban me mr. Bucko!!
    Yeah, he makes us call him that too.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri