Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8GB Micro SD cards

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: 8GB Micro SD cards

Nice! My cellphone is Micro SD compatible too!

I wonder how much they will cost? lol too much, thats all I know.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

thats alot of pr0n for your cell phone...oh come on, you know it will happen

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Cool! Maybe my PPC is compatible with 'em, that'd be freakin' sweet. Yeah portable mp3 player/gps/internet capable device/etc etc.

doesn't the system have to beable to use 8gb's?? for the nintendo wii the highest sd card it reads is 2gbs even though there are 8gb sd cards so isn't this the same?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Good point... lemme go check the website real quick, that should be able to tell me... that and/or Wikipedia.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    thats alot of pr0n for your cell phone...oh come on, you know it will happen
    Pff! Who would want to look at THAT on a two inch screen? lol oh look! I can ALMOST see a boobie!

Then again, there are alot of lonely geeks out there...

Anyways, how the heck do they get 8GB on such a TINY card?? Thats insane! I've seen those 5GB pocket drives that are 10x their size. Shouldn't they be able to put more space on them if their so much bigger? Hmmm, confusing.

Not as small, but just as impressive...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09...gb_nand_flash/
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I think it would be better to have a thumbdrive sized (or similar) card with the microSD card in it... I'm bound to lose one of those things after long. That's where they're gonna make money, for the one time you're tired and your Pocket PC bounces just right and somehow the card lands in your shoe. lol

Most devices that are locked to 1gb or 2gb capacity can have firmware updates to accept larger capacity storage.

Since 16gb CF cards are now out there, it shouldnt be long before other formats catch up.

I'm still waiting on the multi-terrabyte HDD's to come out. If you are gonna crash a drive, might as well lose 1000+gb at once.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Holy crap dude, that'd be like 300 or so DVDs just to back it up... that's where you just have a couple redundant drives with backups on them, lol... and they'd have to be SATA or SATA II just to defrag within your lifetime too, lol. I'm probably gonna look into getting a firmware upgrade or at least a program off the web (I'll be careful, no worries) to make it so it sees at least about four gigs or so... would partitioning the card help? If that's possible, that is.