Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opening ports...

Default Re: opening ports...

that can confuse the router, half the PC's on DCHP and half on static might be doing it, personally i like to set the IP's myself anyway, i think its better.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Custom Title Honors

It shouldn't be. I'm not sure what version mine is. Have to look when I get home. I didn't do anything with DHCP when I setup my cs server and I had to setup 3 different port ranges for it. Not that you want to leave it setup that way, but you can try a DMZ just to see if that works, if it still doesn't, I would say its something on the PC that is blocking you. Or you can unplug the router and go directly to the modem from that PC and bypass the router all together. I would say it sounds like your PC is blocking you. You are trying to run this off a wireless pc also? I just re-read it. If you are, you might not get that great of results when people connect and probably want to hardwire it to the network if possible. I would double check any anti-virus and software firewall you have running. The XP firewall "shouldn't" be an issue.

Good Luck

One other thing.. make sure whoever is trying to get in is using your WAN IP address. Go to www.whatismyip.com to find out what it is.

Custom Title Honors

Good point, that is usually my first question. Thats why we have everyone here.

Overclocked

Wow, thanks for all the reply's

but I'm starting to think that it's not the router DMZ didn't do the trick ither and I even completly closed the XP firewall and avast for good measures too..
    I'm starting tothink it might be something obvius....

thanks for all the reply's so far, keep them comming

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Custom Title Honors

If you open the Windows Firewall settings, you can manually select what you want to allow and disallow. Just in case you said block.

Overclocked

done that too...

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Custom Title Honors

ok....lol, what about trying to run it from a different computer? Or bypassing the router?

Didnt try bypassing the router yet that I know of, but he was able to tracert successfully right to the IP of the server.

I also had Nick disable his firewall, AV software, etc.. no change. Nick, can you post a screenshot of the error message (or just the error message that you are getting) ?

Also, as per Outlaws suggestion.. can you try from another computer?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Custom Title Honors

On the subject of screenshots, for grins and giggles(lol) can you take on of the config. of your router with that port open?