Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: opening ports...

Overclocked

Default Re: opening ports...

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Custom Title Honors

Dang.....I can't see them from work.

Overclocked

Open the Network Connections panel from the Control panel. Right click on "Internet Connection", it should be a planet with a computer screen, then go on Properties. Click on Settings, after the short "Please Wait" there's gonna be all the ports that are really unlocked in Windows. Create a new one, set your port and IP (Static IP, of course. You can find it of you have other ports unlocked in this screen; just double-click on a port name and copy/paste the IP). Give it a name, and choose if it's UDP or TCP, then OK, OK and finally OK.

Be sure any Windows Firewalls are deactivated, on the LAN and on the internet connection too. You should need to have your ports properly configured on your router, too. And if you want to be even more sure, open the ports under the Local Area Network connection.

Thats how I managed to host games on Warcraft 3... altho I don't have a router (yet, cause im gonna have one this week-end... lol, new laptop is coming )

If you need help, I can get screenshots, but Im kinda stuck in time this morning, so Ill post them later if you need them.