Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Project: 3x Nes

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: 3x Nes

Drumthumper: thanks for the suggestions on the nvidia chipset I didn't even think about that. downloading it now (64MB WTF!)

d_stilgar: Thanks man. I just wish i could have done something more like yours in the one but I'm more familiar with the mATX then the ITX boards.

billygoat333: Maybe, I'll take a look around the board didn't see anything in the manual about it but thanks for the suggestion.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

No problem bud. Hopefully this board will work for you. It's been my experience that once you get past the quirkiness of the Biostar boards they are actually quite solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Bad news everybody.
    The guy who was welding my case lost it. I'm not to torn up about it. Give me a chance to fix what I thought could be done differently. I have another case down in the basement I just need to see if the board will fit. Plus where the HD sits I really like and if the PSU will fit correctly then I want to keep it there but that means upgrading to an SATA HD and the I have to wait till rebates come back from the PSU and video card.

anyway. I'll be getting some plexi and other assorted items in the next few days to bring this mod to the finish hopefully. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Just how exactly does someone lose a computer case?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

It was just the frame, and not the front panel facade, right?

My Flickr Stream

Yeah just the frame. I still have the NESs downstairs and the one you sent me is still yet to be cut because I was waiting for the frame to come back so everything would match up straight. I just got to get off my butt now and see if the other case I have will fit the motherboard and everything without problems. If not someone has offered me an older computer for looking at and fixing some issues with the current PC they have.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I hope you can finish this project. I kind of wonder how it is possible to lose a computer case.

Little tiny status update:

While talking to my wife about what I was going to do with my Dell computer, looking to turn it into file/photo storage, i had a brain storm on the case and had to draw it in Sketchup. When I had it mostly done she asked what was going to happen to 3xNES and I told her that I would basically have to build the entire MB tray, and case parts myself. So now hopefully if there is $$ at the end of the month, which is a good bet there will be some, I'm going to get some plexi and hopefully have this finished in the next 6-8 weeks.
    As for losing a whole case, with the guys I gave it too, probably didn't take a l lot of effort.

Default Re: Project: 3x Nes

7 months since the last update, whoa! Anyway another small update:

I went to the recycling place today and turned in a couple older computer cases in that I couldn't use. I was going to buy a scrap case with the money but only got about 34 cents. So i told them to scrap the idea of the case cause I had no cash on me but when I got back to the car the guy who worked there said go ahead and take the case anyway, WOO!

I also got in the mail today the present from Satan Claus (thanks TGS!!)

So now when I get sometime when the baby decides its a good time to sleep I can get cutting into the new case and hopefully get 3xNES back on track!!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Nice to see an update. I think I'm going to get an atom 330 board and finish mine up.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

And here I thought that this thread was dead. You should have PM'd me regarding a case, I've got a couple laying around collecting dust. I would have gladly shipped one to you.

My Flickr Stream