Thread: My computer is officially driving me INSANE. iTunes keeps opening every 30 secs.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default My computer is officially driving me INSANE. iTunes keeps opening every 30 secs.

Hey guys,

I finally nuked my computer and reinstalled XP Pro after having a lot of troubles with it slowing down, getting virusy, and having a corrupt install (long story).

Anyways, all is well right now and everything's smooth except my iTunes maximizes every 30 seconds. I'll be in firefox or something and listening to music and literally exactly every 30 seconds it opens itself. I timed it.

WTF. At first I thought it was my G15 keyboard trying to open up the Media display info (it's not working properly) but NO! WTF!!!!

+rep to all whom help. Thanks guys!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Default Re: My computer is officially driving me INSANE

Does it happen in safe mode?

I'm not super familiar with Itunes, but I wonder if it's looking for some sort of update, or maybe some other application is calling it..?

Have you got an mp3 player connected? Maybe grab a program called "Startuplist" and run it... it will create a text file with a list of running programs, where they are, and what is calling them. Might be beneficial.

I didnt reply just for rep either.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: My computer is officially driving me INSANE. iTunes keeps opening every 30 secs.

I'd recommend just uninstalling iTunes, and if you use it often, try deleting the personal settings or application data or whatever along with it, and do a clean install. That's what I did to fix FireFox.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: My computer is officially driving me INSANE. iTunes keeps opening every 30 secs.

Thanks for the help guys, reinstalling it fixed the issue.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Glad to hear it, and you're welcome.