Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Unlimited and Logitech momo wheel

Austral Alien

Default Test Drive Unlimited and Logitech momo wheel

I bought this game a little while ago, played it a couple of times and thought it was alright, except I couldn't get my Logitech Dual Action controller to work with it in analogue.
    Today I was in the mood for a driving game again, so I went and bought one of these:

Logitech MOMO linky

It has transformed the game! I love this wheel. I can even move the shifter to the left hand side to make it easier to drive.
    The force feedback is cool and I like how the brake pedal actually has a stiffer spring compared to the accelerator pedal.
    I'll have to try it out with a couple of other games I have as well as get stuck into Test Drive.
    Last edited by Bucko; 05-30-2007 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Do you have a second life?

Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited and Logitech momo wheel

Nice bucko. I was thinking of getting the Logitech G25 and acouple of driving games. Since im not old enough to drive some practice sounds good Heres the G25 Link.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11867

Its got the gear stick, 3 peddles, Steering wheel nd all. But its expensive so its either that or the Momo im still thinking.

Does it make it more Realistic Bucko? Like feel like driving a real car or close to it?

Sam

Austral Alien

It's more realistic than using a keyboard or controller, but nothing like a real car where you feel the g-force and have an idea of when it's about to break loose.

I went with the momo wheel because the cheaper one only used suction cups to hold it in place. This one clamps to the desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Do you have a second life?

Yeah, i have some one in my room now with clamp and suctioncaps. But i want a realistic one. If only we could get it to give us the G-force but i guess that isnt around lol. Only one more year until i can get my L's can't wait lol.

ATX Mental Case

The g25 is supposed to be awesome, although sadly I haven't used one. The Momo has been top of the tree for a long time and rightly so.

I use a Saitek R440 and that's been fine for GTR2, GT Legends, and Trackmania United. Solid force feedback as well.
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

I have this exact wheel, and it's the BOMB for GT2 and GT Legends. I found the games to be almost unplayable without a wheel... on the flipside, this wheel was almost useless with NFS:U2 or Carbon.

Oh well, I love it anyways.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Cool beans, enjoy the new toy! I want one of those G25's but it's out of my price range. I just picked up Test Drive Unlimited for the 360 and love it, wish I had a wheel now...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Resident Alcoholic

sweet wheel!!

You HAVE to get Need for speed: Porsche Unleashed
    H

I can't get the MOMO wheel to work with TDU. TDU sees the wheel and allows me to assign functions to the axes/buttons. But I can only brake, not accelerate. It says both Brake and Accelerate are assigned to "Combined Pedal." Is this right?

Ok I got it working with the pedals and now I can drive just fine. Still getting used to the wheel. Also the Force Feedback isn't very good, is it?