Thread: Intel Stock Cooler

Default Intel Stock Cooler

For a Socket 775 board. I got my new mobo today, and I went ahead with the reassembly of my computer. The nice big heatsink on my board got in the way of my Blue Orb. I ran upstairs and got my Intel heatsink, and tried to put it on.

Didn't work. I don't know if I did it wrong, or I'm just heatsink retarded, but it won't go on. The push pins (something I personally hate) won't stay. I push one, the opposite corner lifts up. Every time.

I got it on well enough to fire up my machine to see everything was in working condition, and it went great. I went into the BIOS and my CPU was at 70ºC. . Not good. I'm thinking I'm going to get a new heatsink now (bye bye even more of my precious money..) unless someone can help my troubles. Thanks in advance guys.

Also, any heatsink recommends? Preferably under $40, and secured with screws. They just seem safer to me.
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: Intel Stock Cooler

I had trouble with the stock cooler too... make sure that the pins are rotated the correct way when you push them down, otherwise they wont lock properly, and will keep lifting up.

If you are still going to replace it, I've had good luck with the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro, and the Scythe Ninja Rev 2.. both right around $40 USD.

Just my 2cents..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Default Re: Intel Stock Cooler

Yeah, I was looking at the Freezer 7 Pro (probably what I'm going to get acutally). Even though it has the annoying push-pins, it's got good reviews and seems to cool very nicely. I just hope I have enough room in my case for that...
    RIP Bucko