Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core 2 Duo Heatsink installing problem

Overclocked

Default Core 2 Duo Heatsink installing problem

Yay, finally got it on the motherboard but...
    now the heatsink fan wont work on the place for the fan on the mobo so I put it on the place where a regular fan goes on the mobo and it works, also when I checked how cool my psu is it said it was 60°F and I don't think thats possible for a stock heatsink.

Default Re: Core 2 Duo Heatsink installing problem

maybe you could describe the problem a little more. Maybe upload some pics.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...749111c.652859

This video might help you out. I know your frustration, I just about snapped my old motherboard in half when I was trying to install my Blue Orb II. lol which was rather easy once I figured out I was doing it wrong.

If you can't do it, maybe your mommy could help? JUST KIDDING

If that video doesn't help, I suggest turning to google. They should have SOMETHING somewhere to help you.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i f**king hate those damb black pins the lga 775 procs use. i took out my mobo and looked at the back side and it bulges out when the heatsink is installed.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Are you talking about those lil push pins type deals? Where you push em through the hole and they kind of snap your HS(F) into place?

Man I hate those if thats what you are talking about. They break so easily its ridiculous. Thankfully my Blue Orb II uses screws! I'll make sure my drive bays and pci slots are the same way, I just don't see a future in tooless designs. I guess thats just me, but I like KNOWING that my components are totally secure inside my case. ...that, and I hate plastic. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

I got it on my motherboard but...

I think I broke my motherboard because my heatsink fan doesn't work where you normally put it by the cpu but it does work where the system fan is supposed to go which isn't a problem but now when I check to see how hot my processor is it says its 62 degrees f and 17 degrees c, which I think is pretty much impossible with a stock heat sink. It looks like everything else works fine. What do you guys think?

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by .jrauck View Post
    Yay, finally got it on the motherboard but...
    now the heatsink fan wont work on the place for the fan on the mobo so I put it on the place where a regular fan goes on the mobo and it works, also when I checked how cool my psu is it said it was 60°F and I don't think thats possible for a stock heatsink.
    The fan isnt spinning because your CPU is running cool, I just built a PC for a friend using a C2D and the stock intel heatsink (i haven't used one before, gone straight to WC), and it will spin up when it starts getting hot. You should be able to disable this in your bios, however.

Austral Alien

I just installed the stock heatsink on my C2D today and it was easy. Mind you after doing it on my Celeron D I learnt that it's easier to install before you mount the MoBo due to the pressure to get the clips in.

On a side note, the Celeron D and C2D heat sinks look identical, except the C2D has a copper insert in the heatsink which the Celeron D doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Zero View Post
    The fan isnt spinning because your CPU is running cool, I just built a PC for a friend using a C2D and the stock intel heatsink (i haven't used one before, gone straight to WC), and it will spin up when it starts getting hot. You should be able to disable this in your bios, however.
    Ah ok, but do you really believe my processor is actually 60°F?

Quote Originally Posted by .jrauck View Post
    Ah ok, but do you really believe my processor is actually 60°F?
    Wait. 60F or 60C?

140F is HOT, that would be 60C. 60F isn't even half that... No processor runs cool to the touch. If you are at 140F then you should definitely be thinking somethings up. But if its 60F... You shouldn't be worried at all. Thats a great temperature to be at.

Unless you are implying that your temperature is ridiculously low and your having a hard time believing it. In that case... play around some. Do what you can to figure out if its a mistake or not. If not, then bravo! Your at 60F, which is pretty darn good. ^_^