Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core 2 Duo Heatsink installing problem

Austral Alien

Default Re: Core 2 Duo Heatsink installing problem

I believe your processor should be warmer than that. 15 degrees C is fairly cool, especially if you are having days warmer than that.

As for the fan, I've just fired up my C2D for the first time and the fan didn't spin until the processor warmed up a little, then it was spinning on and off as the PC did things, now it's spinning continuously while the drive formats.

The intel fan on my other computer (Celeron D) has just always spun full speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Wait. 60F or 60C?

140F is HOT, that would be 60C. 60F isn't even half that... No processor runs cool to the touch. If you are at 140F then you should definitely be thinking somethings up. But if its 60F... You shouldn't be worried at all. Thats a great temperature to be at.

Unless you are implying that your temperature is ridiculously low and your having a hard time believing it. In that case... play around some. Do what you can to figure out if its a mistake or not. If not, then bravo! Your at 60F, which is pretty darn good. ^_^
    ya, 60F is 15C. Ambient tempatures aren't even that low (assuming you keep your house around 18-20C). i don't think even water cooling gets that low. and if its 60C then thats really hot. my alarm goes off at that temp. i'm using a pentium 4 3.0ghz HT and it runs at 30C (idle) with stock cooling and Artic Silver 5 as a thermal paste.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I think its possible to get that low with water cooling, but its not easy. But its definitely possible with a peltier installed.

Maybe... his entire case is made of solid silver and its connected directly onto the processor. That would make sense... no wait... it wouldn't. He would have temps way lower if that was the case. lol

okay, all silliness aside. Where is your temp probe? I'm guessing thats your problem. lol not that I need to tell you that...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

Could one of you do me a favor and put your fan on your system fan for your motherboard and leave it there for like 10 or 20 min then look at how cool it is. Im really not sure how else I could check.

Heres the screenshot. I tried to size it down but it was kinda hard to make out the words.

Austral Alien

I don't have a system fan hooked up yet, but here is mine at idle with an ambient temp of around 18 degrees C

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Overclocked

Wow, im still having a hard time believing this. I guess its making since now, because the first time I installed it I turned it on and such and looked at the temperature's and saw that they were around 42C so I thought that was a little warm then I realized that the heatsink wasn't on there very well so I basically took my comp apart then put it back together when I checked my processor was around 18-24C and my fan wasn't working so I thought I broke it...