Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCB & Mouse experts needed.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default PCB & Mouse experts needed.

Heres my problem: I have a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 (pictures) w/ the coolest design and most comfortable shape I've even seen (and its wireless). Though it looks and feels great it performs like CRAP.
    Heres what I want to do:
    Either buy a nice wireless laser mouse and put all the internals in this mouse or somehow switch out the actual optical engines with that of a nice mouse.

I have no clue where to start, so please help; all ideas are welcomed.

+rep to anyone who comes with a good idea and/or useful tutorial.

Default Re: PCB & Mouse experts needed.

I have the same mouse mine works great.
    Do you have a crappy mouse pad?

Ive repaired a few, But never put them different enclosure.
    Get the MX Revolutuion Similar Feel.

I've tried every kind of surface, even optical-optimized pads...

I definitely don't want to replace this because I also love the appearance.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Search Newegg for a nice Logitech that looks similar to what you want feel wise, then bust out an airbrush or some spray paint and go at it.

You might be able to get a better mouse and switch inards, but I doubt it will be easy unless you had blueprints of mice that you could compare. I guess you could mod it till it worked, but imo it would just give you a headache.

My dad has the same mouse you have but its gray, his works great. I've used it a few times and haven't really had any problems with it and I never hear him complain about his mouse acting up anymore since he got it. How old is yours? Maybe it's just dying from wear and tear?

Btw, those new Logitech mice are awesome. I've only got to play around with THIS one once, but the first thing I noticed is that I liked the way it felt. In the .8 seconds that I got to play around with it, it seemed to be one heck of a precision mouse. But damn they are expensive!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

The mouse isn't really that old (less than a year) but the problem is in games. I play Day of Defeat and Halo 2 Vista which both require very fast movement and this mouse just can't do that.

By the way, how well do you think the VX Revolution would fit?

EDIT: Or what about this mouse?

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

It's probably the quality of the mouse, if it's crap, it's most likely going to run like crap, either that or it's worn out. I'm thinking of getting a better trackball as mine is kind of crapped out on me, either that or RMA my current one...

I'd go with Logitech, they make great mice and keyboards. Headsets are another story.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd go with a wired mouse, probably better response time and you don't need batteries.

Thanks, but I definitely want to stick to wireless.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Alright, depends on your setup and all that, I've always preffered wired mice, less "deaths" on the job. My dad goes through a wireless mouse every few months because they're crap, at least from what I've seen. I may get a wireless trackball because they don't make the good ones in a wired version o0.

stupid question... but have you tried new fresh batteries???? or even those high quailty rechargable ones???

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r0adawg View Post
    stupid question... but have you tried new fresh batteries???? or even those high quailty rechargable ones???
    Hmmm, he MIGHT have a point here. Try those Lithium Ion ones, maybe it will make a small difference. No guarantee though.

It seems the way it works, is that the higher gaming performance mice don't have what some of the cheaper mice have. Which is that oh so perfect fit in your hand.

Well, I'll list a few good mice. Some will have the perfect fit factor and some won't. *I'll give a tiny reviews on the mice that I have used before. As you can see, I have a thing for notebook mice. lol

Logitech V200 - Notebook mouse, but it kicks ass.
    Logitech G7
    Logitech V450 - Again, notebook. But actually pretty comfy and works well.
    Microsoft 5000
    Logitech VX - Pricey, but comfy and a great performer.

Thats about it really, there are probably a few other good ones that I missed, but there just isn't a whole lot of good mice when you go wireless. Theres a whole other market once you include wired. But, I can understand the want for wireless freedom. For me, it makes all the difference. btw, it seems that the 2.4GHz wireless mice seem to all have good reviews. Such as that first one, the V200.

on a slightly off topic note... THIS mouse has two wheels!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.