Thread: Painting a case...

Exclamation Painting a case...

I have a case, which I bought secondhand from somebody, that I would like to have repainted. There is no way that I can do this myself. I just don't have the time to do it...
    Can anybody give me a Website of a company that would do it...?

I know for the cost of having this repainted I probably can have a new case, but I just like this case... The reason why I would like to have it repainted is because it's showing some scratches.

Or should I just forget about the whole thing and move on and buy myself another case ?

Thanks,,,

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Painting a case...

Check your local yellow pages for automobile painting. That'd probably be your best bet. Hell, they might even cut you a deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

That's the best idea, unless you just buy a new case. Be prepared to shell out some serious dough though.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    Check your local yellow pages for automobile painting. That'd probably be your best bet. Hell, they might even cut you a deal!

If you can find a hungry auto body repair guy willing to do a side job that might be a frugal idea--but expect to pay a craftspersons fees. Remember, its not coating the thing in paint that is expensive, its all the prep work to sand and primer. The actual painting takes a few minutes for a single color.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 06-10-2007 at 07:51 AM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Exclamation Re: Painting a case...

Wouldn't be so bad if I knew who the manufacturer was of this case, so I could just buy a new one.
    But nothing on/in the case tells me a brand name...

We have seen a lot of cases in here, maybe with a pic we can help you

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Fresh Paint

well to repaint a computer its pretty easy and not really that long to do it

i had to sand paper my friends case down by hand that took a hour and remeber its not a good idea to go to far down now if i was lazy i could have left the old paint on but biege+black could have looked bad. i got my black coloured primer (i got this because the paint i was using requires a black base)
    then i started spray the coats on (4 again for the paint i was using much less for normal paints). finshed up with a glossy coat on top for stength and look.
    the paint i was using is a kalidoscope paint made by resene here in nz which costs like $90 nzd a can which bearly did the case... but the case had a cool colour shifting look to it