Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Benefit PC

Default Benefit PC

Hello everyone!

I want to build a computer for a kid with hemophilia (like myself) that really could use some happy things in his life right now. His name is Myles and this is his story.

In February Myles and his older brother were filling up the car with gas at a gas station. The older brother has a habit of flicking a lighter in is pocket and did so then, that ignited the fumes and Myles was burned. Myles spent a month in a Utah burn center and is now home. After going through all the problems with the burns the state attorney's office has decided to charge his brother with a list of offenses, the major one being: "Aggravated arson resulting in the injury of a child." Needless to say this is not helping Myles, for him to see his older brother and best friend in court and possibly looking at 20 years in jail is just tearing him up inside.

So, I think you all can see why I would want to help him.

What it would be is just people donating decent parts and stuff but, if someone wanted to custom airbrush a case or something I certainly wouldn't turn them away. New parts would be aim for this or at least lightly used parts.

All I ask is that if a part is slightly used that it be stock and never oc'ed.

It may be a few days before I make this "active", since I have to talk to the president of the hemophilia foundation in Idaho some more before things are final. But at least you guys can think for a little bit before we do thinks.

The hemophilia foundation of Idaho is having a bowl-a-thon for Myles on July 14th and I would really like to present him with a check of which we are gathering around the state (Illinois) and a new computer.

Any questions or comments can be posted in this thread.
    Any part donations (when active) please PM me with the part type and name. (ex: Graphics card - ATI 1300 etc...)

Default Re: Benefit PC

You have mail...forgot to ask though, will you be needing any games as well?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Mail replied to. And yes I think at some point we will, but right now I am not too sure on what kind of games he will like and what kind of games his parents will like.

PM'd. I could also throw in some games depending on the age of this person.

OK, I _think_ I have some games for a 13 yo. One or two anyway.
    Last edited by Airbozo; 06-13-2007 at 03:34 PM.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

pm replied to.

Stupid me!! I dont know how i forgot to say how old he is!!! He is 13.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Post a list of what you'll need, I'll see what I can send your way.

Edit--Check your PMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Replied.

First, a BIG thanks to all who have responded so far. Once I get the "go ahead" from the higher ups I will post a list in the first post.

For anyone who may not have any extra parts laying around but want to give a cash donation to Myles and his family, please pm me and i will give you the information for that. Any cash donations go towards medical bills that Myles has acquired and not towards this build. If you want to by parts I suggest possibly teaming up with another forum member(s) and purchasing parts that way.

Again a big thanks to you all.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

I'll certainly be willing to help out once you've posted a list of parts, I'd have to purchase them new, as I don't have any good used ones lying around. (Plenty of used ones, just not good...)
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

In the above section of the forum I have cleared the "donated components" from the master list we used during the community PC project. If you had some hardware on that list and are still willing to donate it I will place it back on the list. If you want to donate to this project please PM myself or Crimson13 with what you have to contribute and I will add it to the list, lets try to make this happen TBCS style!

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thanks Jon.

Well I think its time to make this a little more "active" I will pm jdbnsn with all the parts that have been offered.