Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Benefit PC

Overclocked

Default Re: Benefit PC

would be nice to know what kind of bobo's and stuff people are ofering so you don't end up with an intel socket 775 mob and an AMD A2 chip. cuz that would be kind of pointless. but here's a list of what I can prob. offer

1x MSI PM8PM-V Via socket 775 mobo.

I have alot of other stuff, but there quite ancient/"well used"

I would be willing to mod one of my cases 4 you. no garentees though on quality (I have a few biege cases kicking around myself :p)

hope this projust turns out well

(edit: just whoever does it should probably avoid flame-jobs, we want to help the kid, not stress him out more )

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

Ok, update on my stuff. As soon as my order comes in from Newegg with my new hard drives and ram, I'll be able to send my AM2 mobo. I might think about sending my current 2gb ram kit, as well.
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

Overclocked

hmm, this thread dosn;t seam to be getting as much attention as (I feel) as it should, maby we should make it a little game? I'm shure most of us have some old cases lying around, y not have a litle modding competition, and the winner's case the kid gets, you can do quite a bit of modding for dirt cheep, and that way, the kid gets happy, thell be pics so modders will be happy, the contestants will gain expirience, and should create more intrest in this prodj.

just a thought...

Nick_Black

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

That actually might be a good idea, if enough people are interested.

Update, the credit card company found the Newegg order suspicious, so they didn't charge it until we called today. It should be here Wednesday, though...

We've had this problem before with Choice Visa (the company), but I guess if they're this cautious when it's us, imagine what they'll catch if someone steals the number?
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

Hi guys,

Thanks to again to everyone that is willing to donate to this cause.

Once it comes time to build this I will make sure everything works together.

The game or contest idea is great!

I just got back from Idaho Sunday and a great weekend with the family. Myles is truly an amazing person, he is always happy, never asks "why me?" and hardly never complains and if he does its not for long since he knows that he has to endure the pain to get better.

The amount of pain he goes through is imposable to comprehend even for some one who also has hemophilia. He has to get debreeded almost every day, which is when he has to get all of his graft sites scrubbed until they bleed. He also wears pressure gloves, sleeves, and a vest, and any time he has to take them off it brings him to tears because of the blood rushing back into those parts of his body. But with all that he hardly says a word against it.

Since he was burned over 50% of his body the other 50% was grafted so he has hardly any sweat glands left, and he over heats real easily and has to stay inside so a nice computer is would be a great for him.

The local news station was at the bowl-a-thon and covered my presentation of a check of donations from the Hemophilia Foundation of Illinois and Hemophilia Federation of America, and their members. Here is a link to the station's website the videos from Saturday are not up there yet but you can find some interviews with Myles and his mother, they will give you a little incite to the kind of person Myles is. Idaho ABC Channel 6

You can also find videos, pictures, and posts from Myles on the family blog LINK

Any donation information can be Pm'ed to jdbnsn so he can add them to the master list

Thanks everyone again.

my dad has a geforce 5500fx laying around and a mobo. but i dont think the mobo supports anthing higher than a p4. if i can, i'll give you the gpu.

I'll throw $50 bucks in towards the processor or any other cash related expenses as I haven't any useable parts to offer. Let me know where and when

Matthew

If you intend to make a donation, please PM me with as much info about the hardware you plan on donating so we can tell exactly what we have. Then I wil add it to the Master List.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Fresh Paint

What is still needed?

The master parts list is one thread above this one. To add a part to the list PM jdbnsn with the information and he will add it.