Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1600 Watt Power supply. -"Retarded"

Default 1600 Watt Power supply. -"Retarded"

http://www.xoxide.com/ultra-x3-1600w-psu.html

I love the part in their description! "Submit your pre-Order and be the FIRST to own the Retardedly Powerful ULTRA X3 1600 Watt Modular Power Supply!" Not exactly PC if you ask me. they should be ashamed.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: 1600 Watt Power supply. -"Retarded"

I wonder what kind of people actually need that? I'm trying to think of a setup that would require that much power, I got nothing though. lol

If it was like $150 I would buy it, then build an entire wall out of 120mm LED UV case fans. FINALLY! A sweat free way to tan without looking funky orange! :p

**After actually reading it, I can now imagine it. Quad SLI cards that draw that 300W a piece that they are talking about.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

PC or not, that is absolutely overkill.
    Retarded is now slang for excessive or impressively stupid, not mentally handicapped anymore.
    I would like to see that PSU launched from a cannon.

Overclocked

Besides, we'd need to watercool that PSU, 1600W of power draw surely would get quite hot when loaded.

hmm... watercooled PSU... LOL

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoshi View Post
    Besides, we'd need to watercool that PSU, 1600W of power draw surely would get quite hot when loaded.

hmm... watercooled PSU... LOL
    I'm sure they would of if it wouldn't raise the price a kagillion dollars.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...4a7375436989b5

I still don't really see a point in watercooling a psu, just have it expel the heat out the back and there shouldn't be any problems...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I could power at least four PCs with the same specs as mine with that thing, insane. *Good for powering you fridge, dish washer, and many other appliances whilst using your computer at the same time* lol

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    I'm sure they would of if it wouldn't raise the price a kagillion dollars.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...4a7375436989b5

I still don't really see a point in watercooling a psu, just have it expel the heat out the back and there shouldn't be any problems...

The water cooling would still be kinda pointless, instead of the PSU just getting warm and the fan spitting it out the back, you have the heat from the water going to a radiator with a big fan sticking extending out the back of the pc another few inches spitting out heat. I could see buying that for bragging rights, but not really worth it.

hmmm they use the term "Retardedly" i think i will sue claiming it offends me. then i can get one for free hehe... i'd get it if it was $250.00
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I wonder if someone did contact them, because they have changed the word "Retarded" to "Kinda Powerful". http://www.xoxide.com/ultra-x3-1600w-psu.html

Funny.

Custom Title Honors

If 1600W is "kinda powerful", what is powerful? What the computer world is coming to...