Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dremel isn't working!!!

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Dremel isn't working!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Yep.. I totally overlooked the part about no green light... If you have a VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) you could try checking if there is any voltage on the base charging contacts. I would have to agree with Spawn here.. it sounds like the the charging station is dead. Those are pretty new for the market, still under warranty?

Now why didn't I think about checking the charging contacts. I'll get right on that. Of coarse it'll have to wait until I finish watching UFC season 5 finals.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Well I shot for power on the posts on the charging station and they are good. So then I opened up the Dremel and shot for power on the batteries they also shot good. I looked for the brushes or at least a way to gain access to them on the motor but I can't see anything. I took some pix to help you guys see want I'm talking about.

All taken apart

Close-up

Well unfortunately if you had to dig that deep to even get to where you can see if the brushes are replaceable, then Dremel didn't make them replaceable. If the batteries are good then I would guess that the charging circuit is ok. Now I would see if you have power to the on/off switch, and then to the variable speed control .. This is proabably in vain because I fear its the motor itself. But who knows you may get lucky..

That's classified.

I would try unplugging the motor and hooking up a 9-volt battery to it. (it looks like it can be unplugged at least, you could probably do it while it's still wired up too)

If the motor works, you've narrowed your problem to the small amount of wiring in it.
    EDIT: Actually, I'd suggest checking, in particular, the cables coming out of that over discharge circuit to the left of the battery; that might be the problem, though it cannot be fixed easily if it is.

Hey guys a quick update. I sent the dremel back to the company and I just received a nice shiny new one. Problem solved.