Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moddeling board.

Fresh Paint

Arrow Moddeling board.

I was wondering about the moddeling board used in a lot of Crimson's mods. It seems to be a plastic of some sort, like a high density polystirene. Is that correct? Or is it just cardboard and i'm thinking to technical?

Also, I started a mod on my case, and its going well so far but I am about to go into finer details, one reason for the board, but I also need some much-easier-to-work-with bondo/filler. I live in the UK, so brand names are not going to be much use to me unfortunately, but I was wondering if there was a scale of thickness that is universal so that i can at least go hunting for some in my local auto shop. Or are you just able to dilute the stuff somehow to make it thinner?

Thanks for any advice.

Will..

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Moddeling board.

bumpety bump bump

Case Wizard

styrene plastic. Get it at your local hobbie store.

Fresh Paint

thanks for that.

Fresh Paint

any where on line to find a guide on how to work with styrene... is it tough to work with? Im starting to get excited about the possibilities before i even know how to use it.

Overclocked

Yea there is i believe its www.plastruct.com has small tutorials on the stuff. Also I found a ton of stuff by typing in "how to + styrene plastic" man o man i found some starwars geeks (sorry but they are) who make AMAZING scratch built models. They get into fiber optics, spend a year on 1 model obsessive but very talented.

Just do some google searches i was surprised that i found so much on the stuff. I just got some but havent had the time to use it. Hopefully the end of the month i can start on my mod. Anyways hope i was a lil help, but yea just do some google searching its not hard to find.

Also on a side note: Two major manu's are evergreen and plastruct, crimson in his pics had plustruct on several packages so i of course got that. If you're planning to get ALOT of plastic check out www.towerhobbies.com. The plastic doesnt cost much but unfortunately i foudn out they have a flat sipping rate and the shipping cost me close to double what hte actual plastic cost. (also it was cheaper online then my hobby store just killed me with the shipping)

Fresh Paint

Thanks.

The uk sucks for finding this stuff, I just did some searches and they only want to sell it in huge quantities. bah.

Overclocked

welcome i dont kno if tower ships internationally but you can check that out if u allready havent. Its good stuff i got it its realyl cool i find it surprising that a hobby knife is used to cut the stuff. Its rather flexible and sturdy to my surprise as well. But yea anytime with the help.

sXenoG, can you post a link to those star wars geeks building those models from scratch?

Fresh Paint

I found a uk supplier and to my supprise its the local post office....

strange but true.