Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z5500 problems

Default Z5500 problems

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes.
    I bought the logitech z5500 speakers. I have a soundblaster audigy 2 or card not exactly sure but i think thats what it is. Anyway I hooked up my new speakers and turned on my computer. So I go into the creative speaker setup thing and theirs to option for 5.1 surround only 7.1 i was previously using a 2.1 setup so I put it on 7.1 and now I cant get it off 7.1. And there is only sound from the front left and front right speakers and doesn't appear to be base either. What should I do?

Please Help

Default Re: Z5500 problems

It was on the wrong setting so now I have sound from all the speakers but its still set to 7.1 so I need to fix that. Also someone mentioned once that they have these speakers also hooked up to their 360 and I want to know how they did that.

As for the XBox360, get yourself an optical spdif cable and a HD output cable from the 360 (had the optical port on it) an plug it into the back of the z5500's control box.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I got it working I had to re install the drivers. and can you post a link to those cables.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/
    I have that cable so the sound should be the same right?

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

It will be obvious when you get it, look on the AV cable from the Xbox for a small optical port and the other is on the back of the control box of the z5500. After you pick up the cable, if you can't find them let me know.

I see it now its on the thing that plugs directly into the xbox I didn't think to look there.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Thats the exact setup I have Xbox 360 + VGA Cable + 20" Monitor + Logitech Z-5500 via optical. Great setup