Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G5 or G7

Default G5 or G7

im deciding on a mouse.

I saw the G7 on newegg.com, looks pretty cool and wireless. I never had a wireless mouse, how are they(is it a pain in the neck to change battery or charge)?

I have the G5 right now, and i love it. Just wondering if i should get another G5 or G7.

Which one should i pick?

Default Re: G5 or G7

Logitech MX Revolution!!!!!!!!!!! thats what i ended up with becuase there was no stock on either of those mice. had there been stock i think i would have gone for the G7.

for me here are the postives
    G7 - extra battery

G5 - that little weight tray

i can't think of any negatives on the spot now but i think i would rather have the extra battery on hand. i mean if i really wanted the mouse heavier i could add weight myself.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

The G7 is in stock now and has the weight tray just like the G5

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I love wireless mice, I haven't had a wired mouse in a pretty long time. They aren't a pain or a hassle at all, if you get the good ones at least. The best way to tell if a wireless mouse is a good wireless mouse or not is to just read the reviews off of newegg.

I would give you a list of some good wireless mice, but newegg isn't loading for me correctly or even at all for some reason. But don't really pay attention to the DPI or if its laser or optical, just look at what looks best to you and which ones have good reviews.

btw, the battery life for wireless mice range anywhere from two weeks (bad mouse) to a year. I don't have a gaming wireless mouse, but my battery life usually lasts for at least two months with heavy usage.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on a more mobile pc, the wireless would make more sense. If you are a gamer, the G5 would make more sense. You wouldn't have to worry about a battery dying in the middle of a game. Again, I personally think it all depends on what your doing with them.

Using it Mostly for Gaming and Internet

Quote Originally Posted by B1Gtime View Post
    The G7 is in stock now and has the weight tray just like the G5
    oh it does? then deffently go with the G7. when i was referring to stock i meant at a local Canada Computer. and i don't think they even sold one of them. so i just went with the MX. it was weird at first the way its shaped and all but i really like it now. i just wished i waited a bit longer until i got it because it went on sale after.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    I love wireless mice, I haven't had a wired mouse in a pretty long time. They aren't a pain or a hassle at all, if you get the good ones at least. The best way to tell if a wireless mouse is a good wireless mouse or not is to just read the reviews off of newegg.

I would give you a list of some good wireless mice, but newegg isn't loading for me correctly or even at all for some reason. But don't really pay attention to the DPI or if its laser or optical, just look at what looks best to you and which ones have good reviews.

btw, the battery life for wireless mice range anywhere from two weeks (bad mouse) to a year. I don't have a gaming wireless mouse, but my battery life usually lasts for at least two months with heavy usage.
    it should alst 2 months?!?!? i've never actually tested mine fully when i wasn't using it i left it in the charger. though i remember going a week without charging and it still had 2 bars /3

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on a more mobile pc, the wireless would make more sense. If you are a gamer, the G5 would make more sense. You wouldn't have to worry about a battery dying in the middle of a game. Again, I personally think it all depends on what your doing with them.
    true but the G7 has an extra so you can pop in a fresh one and only die once ( while changing the battery)
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Custom Title Honors

In that case, I would get the corded, just because I don't like have to pay for all those batteries and worrying about when it's going to die on me.

**EDIT** Since Spawn posted at the same time as me again...lol

If you think about it, G5 $46(US), G7 $72(US) on newegg. Now you have to buy batteries a few times a year. To me it doesn't make sense if the mouse is going to stay stationary. And you probably dont want to by the walgreens brand batteries either. To me it's not worth the extra money PLUS batteries

G5, G7, MX there is neweggs comparison it that helps any. though i'm sure you have looked at it. this would be my choice of the three/two
    MX, G7, G5.

I think im going with the G5, the G7 is a little expensive at the moment.

Ok since i got that done with, i been looking for a good wireless keyboard on newegg, any suggestions on which one?
    If i cant find a good wireless keyboard i think im going with the Saitek.