Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interested in Getting my First Laptop

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Interested in Getting my First Laptop

I'm considering getting a laptop, it'll be my first. Here's the specs I'm looking at:

HP Pavilion
    AMD X2 TL-60
    2GB DDR2
    120GB HD (I'm getting rid of Vista and getting XP)
    17 inch widescreen
    DVD Double Layer
    webcam, etc.

It'll cost: $700, NEW IN BOX

What do you think?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Interested in Getting my First Laptop

Sounds like a good machine.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

What do I think? I think that I hate you. lol

Thats a fine laptop TGS, double or possibly even triple the power of mine. I LOVE my laptop too. These are my Specs at the moment....

Dell Inspiron 9200
    1.6GHz Pentium M (equivalent to 2.4GHz Pentium 4)
    512MB DDR RAM
    60GB HDD
    17 inch widescreen (amazing how much they charge you for upgrading from 15 to 17 )
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
    DVD+/-RW
    no webcam

Mine cost about the same as what your paying now at the time that it was purchased, maybe a little more.

But I never complain about system performance or even gaming performance. It does everything I need it to do; Plays WoW perfectly, I'm able to browse the Internet (media rich or not), Makes for a great Media device (movies, pictures, etc). It does pretty much everything I would ever want a PC or a Laptop to do, it even handles some light 3D modeling applications like Sketchup. I think that is mainly limited by my low amount of RAM though.

So all of that said, I think you will be without doubt, unable to complain about your laptop. If you do, I will hunt you down and SWITCH LAPTOPS WITH YOU! :evil laugh:

Also, what is your exact model? You didn't list your graphics chip so I don't know how it will handle in that area of usage. But I would only assume that it would be at least equivalent to mine by looking at your specs and also factoring in that mine is a few years old.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

It's an Office Depot Exclusive and can only be ordered at the store. I don't know the graphics just yet, but will tomorrow.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

A) Why not just return it if its New, Sealed in Box?
    B) This is against forum rules, we make exceptions for ranking members (not you) but only if its an Ebay link or something similar like Craigs List.
    C.) TGS, In my opinion I like your laptop better. Bigger screen with just about the same specs and for less.
    D.) Taphisco, you have one post, which is this one. I'm calling spam on you, take it somewhere else. Like Ebay. If you actually have something to offer to this website (like a mod), now would be a good time to show us.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 07-03-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I agree, thanks snowfire.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Thats a great deal, I wish I could afford any kind of laptop

EDIT: jdbnsn, what did snowfire post thats against the rules?, im just curious

A new member posted a computer he wanted to sell, Snowfire mentioned it and I had overlooked it.

Wow, I just lost where the thread went, but I think that's a pretty awesome deal for the laptop. I imagine with the other hardware in the system, you won't have to worry about **** graphics. For $700 that's an awesome deal.
    RIP Bucko

O.K., I bought it. Here's the actual specs.

HP Pavilion DV9000Z
    AMD Turion X2 TL-58 (1.9GHz/1MB)
    2GB DDR2
    120GB HD w/Vista Premium
    GeForce 6150 Go
    17 inch widescreen
    DVD Double Layer
    webcam, etc.

It costs: $937, NEW IN BOX
    Employee Discount -10% = $843.00
    $200 Mail in Rebate =

$643!!!!

On HP's site, the same exact laptop is $1058.00
    WH1T3 0U7