Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: First Mod, Resistance

ATX Mental Case Cookies N' Milk's Avatar

Default Re: First Mod, Resistance

So I had this mod done almost a month ago, and was about to go out to the shop to finish all the small stuff that was left to do, as well as take the finished pictures, but my grandpa decided it would be a good time to lose the camera. So once again I stuck this case on hold until I got a camera.

Well when I got a camera it was time to finish this thing. I went to put the case back together tonight and wouldn't you know it, the damned EL wire breaks. Unfortunately the EL wire added a lot to the case and it just doesn't feel right without it. I can pick some up tomorrow from the local computer store. For now, I will leave you with a couple of pictures of the front panel, which I have to say turned out very well.

Oh and here is a little peek at the other case I have been working on. It will include a lot of pink.

I will post highres pictures and maybe a few video clips tomorrow.
    Current Project: Resistance
    My New Super Sexy WorkStation Specs:
    2x Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5420 2.5GHz 12MB Cache @ 3.0GHz, 4x2GB Kingston FB-DIMM 800MHz ECC, Intel SkullTrail Board, 4x WD Raptor 74GB HardDrives in Raid 0, 2x Seagate 320GB HardDrives, ATI FireGL V8650-Switched back to an 8800GT for now cause of driver problems, ThermalTake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU, Blackmagic Intensity Pro Capture Card

ATX Mental Case Cookies N' Milk's Avatar

Done.

Replacing the EL wire.

Showing off the model's detail.

It took me over 5months to finish this case, half of that time was me sitting around being too lazy to do anything on it . There are a few things I would like to do with this case still like water cooling, but that can be done much later. There is one thing left to do on the case still before it is "done". The LED on the power button no longer works so I have to buy a new one. For now I am just going to ignore it and forget about it.

For anyone who is curious, the specs for this rig are in my sig.

I will upload a video to Youtube showing the sound activated EL wire doing its thing, as well as uploading some high-res pictures (3072x2304) for download. They are too big for Imageshack.

I will add some night time shots as well later tonight.

EDIT: High-Res photos link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/75734018...resistance.rar

EL Wire Video (Sorry for the crap quality.)
    Current Project: Resistance
    My New Super Sexy WorkStation Specs:
    2x Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5420 2.5GHz 12MB Cache @ 3.0GHz, 4x2GB Kingston FB-DIMM 800MHz ECC, Intel SkullTrail Board, 4x WD Raptor 74GB HardDrives in Raid 0, 2x Seagate 320GB HardDrives, ATI FireGL V8650-Switched back to an 8800GT for now cause of driver problems, ThermalTake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU, Blackmagic Intensity Pro Capture Card

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Being a Trek fan I quite enjoy the theme and love seeing how the case turned out.
    Quick question: how noisy is the corsair airflow fan?
    +rep for the awesome job

Looks like the wires on the backside could use a little managing,
    but other than that it looks Great! +Rep for Detail.