Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTRL + F11 not working?

Default Re: CTRL + F11 not working?

That XPS M1310 is seeeexxxxy. I wish I would have waited an extra week before buying the XPS M1210. Oh well.. once I pay this one off, I'll get the M1310 too.

To reply to the OP, from the boot menu should be an option to restore.. whether it's to boot from the recovery partition or something..

Also, you can try pressing F7 on startup.. that has accessed utils and restore options on some of my Dell's around here. <-- I just checked this out on my Inspiron 8600, and it's actually F12 on here. From the boot menu, there's an option for diagnostics. Inside of there is the restore option. Unfortunately (or maybe it's for the best) I've already toasted the drive on this thing and completely rebuilt it, including tossing all the partitions. Luckily I've got all the MS software I need to rebuild it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Default Re: CTRL + F11 not working?

i know this sounds stupid, but you have enabled the recovery option havent you?

Look in the BIOS, theres always an option to "Enable F11/12 Recovery mode"

also make your you haven't formatted the hard drive, if you have you might have killed the hidden partition which hold the GHOST image.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!