Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling explained.

Default Re: Water cooling explained.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post

EDIT: I can't seem to find the fridge comps but I did run across this which shows a company claiming built in refridgerant units working very well. But then again, if it's using the same types of chemicals that airconditioners and refridgerators use I would question the saftey.
    if by chemicals you mean refrigerants and the POE/mineral oils then yes it does. its what i linked to before and what TB4O was linking to with the ocz unit.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I'm getting rid of some of my W/C stuff, dual core block, 120 rad, and intel north-bridge heatsink. Gonna upgrade to the quad block and 240 rad.

Not sure about upgrading the waterblock though, DD released a quad one... but its only about a 5-10c difference in heat...

like always with quads, dteck fuzion or apogee GTX
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Apogee GTX all the way.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Excellent guide, spawn. Exactly the kind of info I have been looking for. Thanks for helping us newbs out.

+rep
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.
    Kurt Vonnegut - Sirens of Titan

Fresh Paint

great guide !

thanks
    The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to
    hang yourself. And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.

BOO SHAKKKA

Prepare to drool, Water Cooling Enthusiasts. Allow us to introduce you to the World's First DC Inverter Type Micro Refrigeration Cooling System, the cold, bold and beautiful Thermaltake XPRESSAR RCS100 Case. Thanks to it's revolutionary patented technology, the Thermaltake Xpressar utilizes a complex micro compressor and refrigerant to cool the PC, allowing the user to maximize their over-clocking limitation and performance.

Built to deliver a consistently cold temperature, the Xpressar Micro Refrigeration Case is 20ºC cooler than your average liquid cooling system. The case itself is a micro vapor-compression refrigeration system, which is one of the most widely used methods for air-conditioning of large public buildings, hotels, hospitals, cars, and many other establishments. This elaborate system uses a circulating liquid refrigerant, which absorbs and removes heat from the space to be cooled, causing the heat to be rejected elsewhere.

In addition, the case is also equipped with intelligent IC controller to prevent condensation, and offers thermal resistance that can be <0.02 ºC/W under 100% loading. Even though it's capable of delivering such a high range of performance, the Thermaltake Xpressar still manages to deliver a minimal amount of noise.
    http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-xp...idge-case.html

CB

EDIT a mere $699.00

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Just need to know one thing: How well does it perform compared to liquid cooling? I never trust what the manufacturers say, but if its significantly better than high-end liquid cooling... :drool:
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Just need to know one thing: How well does it perform compared to liquid cooling? I never trust what the manufacturers say, but if its significantly better than high-end liquid cooling... :drool:
    It is liquid cooling I tink .. only refrigerant, hence 20 degrees lower temps than watercooling. And the manufacturer is Thermaltake who are probably not going to lie about a seven hundred dollar piece of kit ....

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I have heard very bad things about that unit, I would touch it, even if it wasn't Thermaltake.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08