Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sleeper

Default Re: The Sleeper

So I went shopping on Friday and picked up a few bits and pieces that I will need. I got some more of the wire management wrap for the coolant tubing and I got a few enclosures to use for an air intake and a control box. The air intake one is this:

I'm in the process of cutting the dark black centre out, I will replace it with some AC Ryan mesh I have lying around and will mount the top half of it on the side of the case as a passive inlet for the radiator. I will probably shape some clear acrylic on the inside to somewhat separate the watercooling system from the rest of the case.

I should have some pictures of the pieces in mock-up tomorrow (I'm about to go to work tonight so unfortunately I won't get anything done today) but with half an hour on the dremel and some sanding the pieces should be ready to mount.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com

Default Re: The Sleeper

So I have come a fair way with making the passive air intake and I have a few pictures of it to show. If you look to the post immediately above this you can see how it started, after about 20 minutes of dremeling and some tin-snips and mesh it now looks like:

You can see the bluetak on the mounting feet through the mesh which is the light spots, there are a few imperfections in the mesh which I will take care of before I glue it in.

This is a mockup, using the aforementioned bluetak, to show the sort of placement I will be going for. At the moment it is sticking out quite a way, once I am finished and cut the hole and drill the mounts I will be trimming down the back so it will be about 2cm thinner and shouldn't stick out quite so much.

This is the other enclosure I mentioned which will be countersunk and used for a control box for the lighting switches and at the moment the plan is a mini 2.5" lcd.

I also picked up a USB Interface Kit from Jaycar which will allow me to monitor 5 digital inputs and 2 analogue which will be used for a couple of different sensors around the case.

I have almost decided on the case layout for the cooling, at the moment thinking about mounting the radiator and fans in the front of the case in the 5.25" bays at the bottom:

Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com