Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Review: NZXT Lexa Blackline

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Review: NZXT Lexa Blackline

I know for a fact that the NZXT Lexa is not only a hugely popular case in general, but theres a lot of people here at TBCS who love it all the same. NZXT has announced the NZXT Lexa Blackline, which takes the Lexa to a whole new level of badassery. Black Finish, Reflective Black Front and a red lighting scheme. Other changes include pre-drilled external watercooling holes and 8800GTX Compatibility. If I wasn't starting my Porsche mod, I'd be all over the Blackline.

Here it is on NZXT's site.

I can't wait to see it in person, what do you guys think?

-Indybird

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: NZXT Lexa Blackline

That is effing awesome.

I possibly like the Blackline version 200% more than the original!

Blackline and the Adamas, Nzxt is putting out some very attractive cases lately! The Nzxt "Hush" is pretty neat too.

Did anyone else also think of "good" and "evil" when comparing the original Lexa with the new version? :p

You could also look at this as the gaming version of the Lexa, whereas the original is the "classy" version. I definitely like this version more though, enough, that I might consider buying it if its not too expensive.

neato
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Resident Alcoholic

HOT!
    I've got the original sitting next to me right now!

It seems to me though that they just moved the hard drive bay a little to the side, used a black front panel instead of brushed aluminium, and drilled holes in it.... oh and put red LEDs in it instead of blue...
    I might mod mine to look like this new version

Heres another one:

When is the release date of this baby? Is there a price tag available yet?

zomg, Indybird you have effing creepy timing!!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    When is the release date of this baby? Is there a price tag available yet?

zomg, Indybird you have effing creepy timing!!
    Mid-July. If you get it, please give lots of pics and a long review

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    Mid-July. If you get it, please give lots of pics and a long review
    Well it depends on how much it costs. If its too much, I'll just save up a little more and get the Nzxt Adamas. But I need to be looking at a new case here sometime soon, I really want to start rebuilding my PC (and modding of course, but not from scratch, F that lol). My laptop is great, but I've deemed it "non-upgradable". The processor just barely cuts it, the ram would of been good if I didn't cancel my 1gig DDR order (pff, $80USD, forget it!) and the graphics chip is only as good as a weaker version of a Radeon 300SE. I need something with more power! I want a minimum of;

Dual Core Processing
    1GB DDR2 Memory
    320GB HDD
    X1650XT GPU
    ...or if possible, something around the same price, but is DX10 ready.

and last but by far not least, I want the freaking option of overclocking for once in my life! lol damnit, I hate dells!

So if the Blackline isn't too pricey, hell yea I'll buy it. The only reason why I didn't buy a Lexa classic is because the front isn't real metal. I hate that kind of stuff! Either build it out of real metal, preferably brushed aluminum, or don't have it at all. ...like the Blackline.

Although I will say, if one of us were to put on a "sticker" that was to give the illusion of metal, that would of been totally rad! :p

So I'm guessing that there is no price tag available yet? Funny, so close to launching, you think they would at least hint at a price tag.

I bet it will be like $150. The lexa is $129.99 and this has a couple nice additions. Since $150 is still $50 short of the adamas, this is still an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    I bet it will be like $150. The lexa is $129.99 and this has a couple nice additions. Since $150 is still $50 short of the adamas, this is still an option.
    lol oh man... that is one effing tough decision! I'll have to look at review after review on both products, although, the Blackline will probably only have one review if that for awhile. Depends on if Nzxt let anyone review the case pre-release. Hopefully they did.

But then again.... I do have $150USD right now that I can spend on whatever I want. AND I've always wanted a gaming tower, which the Adamas is not. Well, it could be, but it doesn't have the gaming tower look like the Blackline very much does. Man thats tough, because I've been very much against plastic lately and very much into all-aluminum, especially very THICK aluminum.

Damn, I'm lustfully discussing to myself about a computer CASE. a computer case. wow. I've never felt so geeky as I do right now. lol

What will my family say? "Why on earth would you spend $150 dollars on a computer case? and especially THAT computer case! are you nuts??"

just thought of something...

Lexa Classic = Aluminum = Desirable
    Lexa Blackline = Steel = Not as desirable

I wonder if that will play into the price tag at all?? I was looking through a few other forums and people were saying that they wish the Blackline was in aluminum (chassis wise). Some were even saying that because its not, they aren't interested. If they don't lower the price... maybe Newegg will put out a rebate or instant savings preferably to lower it down to the original lexa's price tag. Hmmm...

Btw, whats cheaper? Aluminum or Steel?

Also, as for the weight of the Blackline, I LOVE that. Idk why, but I like heavy cases. I guess it makes me feel somewhat more like I got more for my money's worth. or maybe I just like heavy cases, idk. lol
    Last edited by Zephik; 07-12-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added information

Dont worry about the not-so-real aluminum front too much. As long as you keep it waxed and polished it will look absolutely beautiful. If you don't polish it, it will scratch so easy you won't believe it...

-Indybird