Thread: Anime Studio

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Anime Studio

A couple days ago my uncle gave me a (legit) copy of Anime Studio, an animating program similar to Flash and used to be known as Moho. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice in general on how to use it. I've done a couple online tutorials, but they were awful and I can't quite produce the same standard of stuff as was required to do them (like it matters, lol).

I'll show you guys what I come up with when I figure out how to use the program, lol. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

-Anthony

Default Re: Anime Studio

I went to Target today and saw Anime Studio. Looks pretty decent (though I'd never give up Flash). I think the reason you can't produce same quality stuff is because you (probably) aren't using a tablet? There's really no good way to draw with a mouse. And are you trying to animate to? Once you get the feel for the interface, it gets a lot easier (or that's how it was with me and Flash).
    RIP Bucko

I have a tablet dude, I use it all the time for drawing. They have it to where you make shapes with an interesting point system that's all curvy or pointy, depending on your needs. I'm just trying to make a basic flash and practice. The have "bones" for in the limbs so that it's easier to animate people with. I just can't figure that ****ing thing out due to the complexity of animation programs and my lack of experience.

Sorry if I sound angry, I'm not in a good mood...

I think I have a friend with that, I'll point him here and see if he can help you.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Thanks...

If hes working with making a character, he should NOT try and draw it in anime studio because its the spawn of satan....Do it in photoshop or whatever and save the files as .PNG
    This is a pain in the butt though
    another thing to remember is if hes making a character, switch the bone binding from flexible binding to reigion binding...that should make his character look less like rubber
    also, if he cant make his own character...he should do it the way i did; cheat!
    anime studio comes with two template characters (Im not sure if its only with pro....but they should be there) winsor and aya...
    Save them somewheree else, and butcher them as he pleases...till he has a character to his liking
    One more thing though
    TELL HIM TO STAY AWAY FROM THE EXPLOSION PLUGIN
    that things an unstable timebomb waiting to go off....and can corrupt his file
    That's his advice.

btw, little shameless plug:
    http://moonlightace.comicgenesis.com/
    That's his comic
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Okay, thanks... when I find the time, I'll whip something up. Damn school starting Monday... meh. Tell him his advice is greatly appreciated.