Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: LEXA

Default Re: Project LEXA

Good job on this mod so far. This should turn out well.

I also noticed that the side panels on the Lexa seem to be the same as on my Apollo just with different latches.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yeah the sides are the same. Instead of a locking hatch like the LEXA has the Apollo just has the plastic mold that allows easy removal of the panel. Thanks for the comment, my 100th by the way lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Cool, do you think I could source the locking latch somehow and install it on the Apollo?
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Yeah I guess so. May be hard to find a panel that has one. You could call NZXT (or Email them) and ask how much it would be for the side panel (if you have a black Apollo) or say that you have the LEXA and your lock is broken and how much would a replacement lock cost.

Guys I have done a lot of work over this past week end. I pulled apart most of my case and started painting panels that didn't need to be modded, and modded a few also. No pics today because one of my mates just left and I haven't had a chance to take any pics but don't worry, a huge update tomorrow after school. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Ok guys, finally the picture update.
    Over the past weekend I really got stuck into my case. I did a bit of painting along with some plastics work and now basically the only things left to do are mount the plastic pieces, finish painting the case and then hardware/water cooling installation and cable management. I'm aiming for this weekend or next weekend at the latest for completion.

Ok to start things off, here is the case with everything stripped from it i.e radiators, fans, reservoir etc:

Here is a pic of my work space in my dad's shed. This is what the case looked like after a few hours of drilling:

I'm not kidding when I say a few hours of drilling. Most of the rivets were put in on an angle causing the drill bit to skip across the hole and making the original holes larger, I need to use bigger rivets when I put the case back together but anyway back to the pics.
    I couldn't get any painting done on Saturday or Sunday due to bad weather, was raining heavily all weekend but I painted the pieces I could after school today.
    Here is a pic of the calmer part of the weekend and the painted pieces:

The pieces I painted are the supports for the PCI cards and the mobo I/O panel, the support bar and that small piece is another support prop that connects from the case floor to the rear panel, dunno if that does much but it was there so I painted it

Time to attach my cut, sanded and drilled piece of plastic to the support bar (sorry, no pics of the cutting, sanding or drilling process).
    To start off, here is a closer look at the support bar:

The piece of plastic that will be mounted along with my trusty screwdriver:

The mounted piece of plastic, looks pretty good to me :

And now with some lighting:

I know the last picture is pretty bad but you get the general idea.

Well it doesn't look like a lot but basically at this stage of the mod all I am really doing is attaching pieces before painting. I hope to have an update mid week and then hopefully another one on the weekend if everything goes to plan. Until then...

Happy Modding.

As promised here is the mid week update, looks like completion this weekend may be a long shot, definitely next weekend though.

Ok so I start of with the read panel of my case and prepare it for mounting the PSU plastic cover.
    Here is a pic:

And the drilled holes:

While I was working on the panel I also decided to paint it.
    Here is the painted panel:

Once the panel was dry I inserted the rubber grommets back into the radiator pass through holes, I also added a piece of fan hole cover to the part of the panel I cut to make room for my 8800GTX.
    Here are the grommets:

And here is the fan hole cover attached to the cut part of the case:

I know the paint looks a bit grey but this is only because of the camera's flash, I assure you it is black.
    Next is mounting the PSU cover, so here we are.
    The mounted PSU cover:

And from another angle:

I will try to get some more plastic work done this weekend along with some painting, I ran out at the end of painting this panel so back to the hardware store. Once again sorry for the grey looking paint, it is just the camera flash. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Well guys time for another update, we have had shocking weather all weekend so very little work got done so today after school I started modding.

I painted the top of panel of my case (you have all seen painting before so just the completed shot):

Now for something new. My local hardware store didn't have the rivets that I needed o put my case back together so I sent dad on a mission . He came through, after work today I got a 100 pack of rivets (should be more than enough).
    So here are my rivets and the rivet gun:

Because I had some free time (and because these two pieces were completed) I decided to start to re-construct the part of my case (the rear panel) that was completely modded and painted.
    Here are the two pieces ready to be re-joined :

And here you go, joined back together:

Here is a shot from the back so you can see the rivets:

And to cap it all of I inserted the PCI covers into the slots that won't be used and secured them with my cool bright blue thumb screws.
    Pic:

Today I also nearly completed mounting the HDD cover, well it is mounted, just need to cut the whole in the mesh and plastic to allow the cables to pass through. I should finish this tomorrow after school and will post pics as soon as it's done. After this is done that only leaves 6 more pieces of plastic to mount and a few pieces of mesh, the I can finally paint the rest of the case (I have painted all that I can at the moment). More tomorrow...I hope . Until then...

Happy Modding.

nice idea with the thumbscrewes for the pci slots always been a PITA to get the other screwes in place... and it looks god
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Thanks for the feed back. I have another set of black thumb screws (same design) that I will be using to attach the PSU and the 80mm radiator.