Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: LEXA

D'Oh

Default Re: Project LEXA

10ks for the big pics.. I could reverse engineer the pattern and see what I can come up with.. Who know when it might get used in one of my mods It could fit with noname as it is a series of experiments..

7V for the fans is about right, even if the fan would be a high speed one, 7V cuts a lot of uumf and allows for a quieter environment nice for hearing all the bits of music or the chirping of the birds outside.. I'm ranting about this because my tagan PSU is so loud it blocks these noises

Oh, can't wait to see the etch Mod on!

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

ATX Mental Case

Instead of etching that what if you overlaid and cut it out of some copper film. Then glued it too the window.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That's an idea but I don't intend to etch my case window...well not just yet anyway I need to get some practice in first.
    When I got up I tried to print those pics of in black and white so I could mimic the "circuits" but my printer has no black/white option, only grey scale. Luckily It's one of those printer/copier/scanners so I will just copy the design straight off the box. I also want to enlarge the design a bit (not as small as on the box) this will allow me to do the etching slightly faster and hopefully end up more visible.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Fresh Paint

I think the etching of those circuits would look very good, especially with the uv plexi

I have started on a design for the circuits and have just placed an order for most of my water cooling components.

Well here is what I have done so far as designing the etch goes. This is what will be seen on the drive bays (inside of case facing rear).
    Here is the completed HDD bay design.

Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea. The areas with the diagonal lines indicate where mesh will be used. I have to use mesh on the HDD bays because the front fan needs to be able to push air through the system.

The next picture is of the FDD bays.

The FDD bays have the same style as the HDD bays and will also use mesh purely because it is easier for me to etch separate plexi panels and use mesh to join them together, also I think it would look better and is keeping with my original plans

I still don't know weather to show the whole plexi panel (HDD Bays) or make the mesh come in closer to the design (FDD Bays). I think making the mesh come in closer to the design would look good but there would be some rough edges to take care of. I think I will make this decision when I actually go to put the panels together. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Here is the final of the CD drive bays.

On the top two you can see where the CD drives go. I am using mesh and will use a bit of plexi to frame where the IDE and Molex plugs will be for the drives.
    The third drive bay is empty so that is where I will be putting the etched panel.
    The forth drive bay is where the reservoir will be. Those two poorly drawn circles represent plexi I'm going to use to frame the holes I will have to cut in the mesh.
    Well I have to start on the design for the window side of the drive bays. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Well just a very minor update, have to get back to the etching . When I got home from school today a nice package was waiting for me.

Yep that's right, my water cooling stuff.
    I received my tubing, coolant, radiator, reservoir and pump along with some fittings. All I'm waiting on is the water blocks and they should come in tomorrow or early next week along with a few other bits and pieces. I'm going to try to get the etch design finished now so I can get it all done this weekend. Until then...

Happy Modding.

looking HOT!

great to see some aussies on here getting some work done with the big guys =]

+rep for the so-far-awesome-looking case mod.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 // Asus P5N32-E SLI //
    2G OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC // nVidia GeForce GTS 250 //
    Logitech X-530 // Seasonic 650W PSU // 24" Samsung 2493HM

Haha thanks mate, yeah there are a few of us now. I had to put the modding on hold for a while due to school and nothing to do because I was waiting for parts but now that I have got this lot I have lots to do haha.

BTW: nice sig, your specs will be almost the same as mine lol.