Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: LEXA

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Project LEXA

Thought I'd show you guys what the coolant looks like and also those 90 degree bends I got are UV blue so they will look great in this system.

The coolant glows a lot more but the camera is kinda crappy lol. I'm almost done with the design for the etching so I will have that up as soon as possible. Until then...

Happy Modding.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

D'Oh

Looking good and with more UV goodness
    If you're having some trouble with the design being not that clear, I could have a go in 3ds and photoshop with it, to adapt it... if you still need it, of course..

&Coolant looks great and I can vouch for that (I'm 100% alphacool at this moment) You should have also ordered some UV tubing (stiffer than the usual, but looks eerie and has a unique glow.. and changes the subtle shade of the green coolant too)

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Thanks for the offer, I am having some trouble being able to read the faint lines when I copy the final stencils. When I'm done I will scan them all and you can see what you can do if you want.

I thought about UV tubing but thought it would destroy my effect. I want to be able to see the green clearly and I don't think that will be a problem lol.

Well I tried to scan the pictures but they turned out like crap so I will have to take a pic of the designs for you.

Actually don't worry about it mate, it's just too hard for me and you alike. I will just work with photocopies and pencil in stuff I can't quite make out. Thanks for the offer anyway.

D'Oh

Well, it isn't hard, just time consuming.. and the pic doesn't have to be big, just a bit clear.. I can then make it repeat a pattern or enlarge it till it hits infinity

I've done drawings form even my crappy camera, and it is at a mere 640x480... As long as the pattern is visible, I can work it out won't be much trouble, and in about.. tonight.. I would be done.. that's in about 10 hours time.. between 12 and 2 am local time.. that's my sweet spot for doing modeling

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Well i got all of the designs already done I just scanned the cover of the manual and used the scans to make some thing that wasn't repetitive but looks good. When I start etching you will see what I mean.

Still haven't started the engraving just yet but I have done some work with my radiator.
    I needed to make a spacer to go between the radiator and the case so I could have enough room to the hoses after I pass it through the case wall. After trying various things with washes and nuts I got an idea.

Yes it's a case fan. I have decided that this will be the best and easiest way to do what I want. This is an old broken case fan that I was going to throw out anyway so it's not a huge loss if I stuff up
    Ok so here is the fan with the LED's and cable removed.

Here's the fan with the actual fan removed, just the housing left. As you can see I pretty much snapped the blades off and in the end got some tin snips to cut the supports. It's feels good to vent your anger on something breakable lol.

Here is the completed housing with all the sharp edges cut and filed.

Here it is installed on the radiator ready to go.

Here's a pic of the rear of the case marked and ready for the holes to be cut to pass the tube through to the radiator.

These are the cut and filed holes. You can see how the hole saw slipped and scraped the hole on the right but this doesn't matter because it's going to be painted over anyway.

This pic is how it will be installed. You can see how the tube fits perfectly through the hole and the old fan acts like one of those rad boxes which is an added bonus

Sorry about the blurry pic guys, the camera wouldn't focus. Well that's all I have done at the moment. It's slowly coming together and I hope to have it finished by next weekend. I still have to paint that rad box to match the case and start the etching after school. I am still waiting for my water blocks but should be receiving them within the next few days. Until then...

Happy Modding.

ATX Mental Case

great idea with the case fan and also it looks like you are doing a great job, very pro looking I can definitely see the potential in this mod man... not to mention you are a fellow lexa owner.. so what if mine is black n red and urs is alluminum and blue hehe we gotta stick together

Current Mods: The Dark Side
    PLEASE Support The Cause.

Yeah lexa owners should stick together, there are two few of us lol. Mine will soon be black on the inside as well as the outside just to continue on with the sexiness lol.