Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benefit PC needs your help!

Default Benefit PC needs your help!

Hello folks,

The benefit PC is still in need of some components that I know some of us have lying around. Take a quick look at the master component list to see if there is something you can contribute to this very worthy cause. I was also wondering if there is anyone here who is a skilled mouse-modder. A simple yet flashy modded mouse with some plexi and LED's would be way cool to include in the package. Let me know via PM if you have anything you can add to support this young champ's future TBCS custom build! Thanks for your consideration.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

tinfoil-underwear

Default Re: Benefit PC needs your help!

On my way to check that out... I *do* have hardware picking up dust.
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Thanks Jon for all your support with project.

And a big thanks to everyone that has already set aside some parts for this.

The community here is great so I think we can do something special for Myles.

-Dan

Hi Everybody! ("Hi Dr. Nick")

The community PC is not too far from being completely donated, we only need a few key components and one was unofficially offered a while ago, I'll try to track that down. If any of you can pony up the last few pieces we can roll this mutha out and make that kid a happy mofo!

Thanks,

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

forgive me for being stupid, but where is the list? Link?

here

The Master Component List shows what's been donated and what we still need.

Going off that list, I have 2 or 3 old color inkjet printers collecting dust...

HP 932C and a Canon of some type... I KNOW the HP works, never fired up the canon.

As for the rest, well, what cases I do have are so old that I've given up even trying to mod them cuz they're THICK steel.

I have loads of old cases also.. but again, steel.

It should also be mentioned that cash donations are accepted to help purchase any components that are not donated. Every little bit helps too! If you can do $5, do it! If you can do $100, you should! If you can do $1000, send $500 my way!

Jdbnsn... do you have 9 rep boxes now?!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

HP 932C and a Canon of some type... I KNOW the HP works, never fired up the canon.
    Fire one up and see how it works, we are trying to get items that are new or like new. But if we don't get that, used is better than nothing. If it works let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Jdbnsn... do you have 9 rep boxes now?!
    Yeah, looks that way. Didn't notice until you mentioned it.

I'll dig out the HP. I used to work in printer repair for HP, so I'll clean it up real nice. I just stopped using it because I got a laser and didnt need it. It's been in my closet for over 1.5 years lol.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, It's not on the list, but as I until recently ran a consulting biz, I have several 16 port switches in my closet, new in box, just in case you think one might be needed. I was just going to ebay the lot of them anyways.