Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Orb

Default Re: The Orb

Only one more post:
    Dankeschön FrooP (:

BTW: I made it to the frontpage of http://www.chinadiyer.com/ with my verry old Reactor CaseCon *YIPPIE*
    My CaseCons:

-=| The Orb |=- - - -=| CUBE 2 |=- - - -=| Reactor |=-

Encouragment? I've got some words of encouragment for you. "Holy **** thats incredible!" You are doing an excellent job, Very unique idea and cool design. I love it, Keep it up.... Should I go on?

that's nice...+rep

Thank you guys!

As I wrote yesterday, the only thing left to show are the final pics of the visor or what's left from the visor

- Disaster:
    When I glued the stuff together, I noticed, that there was a tension in the plexiglas. Thats nothing special, even the manual from the plexi-glue writes about it. They also write, that one should temper the material for some hours and that this should release the tension.

So I put the visor in the oven, switched it on at 60 deg celsius (for bending plexi I used 90 deg) and went to my computer to see, what Google said on the time it needed.

Normally the oven (it's a little older) needs some time to heat up. But when I came back only FIVE minutes later, I saw the desaster :

All three layers are destroyed. Even my logo melted.

The visor must have been to big for the oven and so the top of it was to close to the heating. When I saw that two month of work just melted away I really needed a cigarette...

So, thats the current status. That happened about one week ago. Since then I did not touch any tools. I am really struggling with myself if I start again or just pack the hardware I already have in a standard ATX case...
    I think you can understand now, why I needed some encouraging words after my last post.

Hope you liked it so far (excluding this post),

Squelsh
    My CaseCons:

-=| The Orb |=- - - -=| CUBE 2 |=- - - -=| Reactor |=-

You Will Build This Case, It Needs To Be Build And If You Dont Build It I Come Over And Slap You

D'Oh

Well... I like the last post too (modern art and new test puppy if needed).. we learn from our mistakes.. You've done one hell of a job and as I learned till now, the second time can be better So, I would go with do it again, but be more careful with the final step.. Also, why don't you use some "viscous cement" for the last join? Use the glue as much as possible, but when you need a thicker adhesive.. you can just use a thicker adhesive.. Also, I'm intrigued on the swivel mechanism and the water-proofing side of things.. Are you going to use some kind of pivoting fittings? (that's what I would do.. if I found the heart to do what you do.. which is awesome)

Go on and do your best! We'll be watching and cheering!

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

That really sucks. Sorry to hear about the melting. but don't let it get you down. Like I said, learn from your mistakes, and get back on that modding horse.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Dude, sometimes the best things take lots of time and many, many tries. This is a cool mod and has been coming along well, minus the few disasters. It's giving me more to think about for when I build my next rig in a few years when I get the funds, etc. I want to build a case possibly with some similar characteristics of the mods I see here, such as the orb design for yours, I say go with it and try again. It's all about perseverance. Try try again until you succeed, or however the saying goes.

I went through a processor and mobo (and plenty sanity too) with my current rig, and now I've finally gotten it to run like a champ, it could use a few upgrades, but that'll come with time. At least now you have some experience with disaster and possibly know what you can do to avoid it for next time.

Good luck with continuing this and completing it. You'll feel more proud of your case after you finish it especially after screwing up a few times, believe me, there's things I would've given up on without help from others (such as motivation, etc.) that I finished and am quite happy with the results.

ATX Mental Case

Sorry to hear about the oven disaster, but you have to go on with this. It's a very nice idea and a very nice case it will be!

If not, then:
    You Will Build This Case, It Needs To Be Build And If You Dont Build It I Come Over And Slap You
    And you know we live somewhat near you

well hes living 30 kilometres far from my house